17. Power of God and Anime

Penny had always liked Taehyung.

Ever since the first time she laid her eyes on him, she knew he was special. Though he portrayed this arrogant and pretentious attitude, she was amused by it. She didn't know why she usually regretted them. Yet somehow she knew how to work her way around that exterior to find herself inside surrounded by warmth, serene, and parmesan. It was the solace in her life.

She liked the way he smiled, she liked the way he laughed, how he wrinkled his nose when he got pouty or mad, how kind he was towards her, the endless pickup lines he had ready to shoot at her, the way he comforted her when she told her past.

She was absolutely smitten.

I mean can you blame her?

An ethereal prince coming out of nowhere into the rustic town like Imuwa who happened to come her way. Shit, the girl is tryna get her chances. She was done with townie boys.

It's been a while since she felt like this. The last time this happened, she had her first heartbreak.

It didn't necessarily break or shatter. It was more...stabbed multiple times, stabbed while twisting it, thrown on the ground then stomping it a couple of times, hit it with a bat, then finally running it over with a truck.

The memory came up every now and then, especially when she felt lonely. But it's been away since Taehyung came into the picture.

She hoped Taehyung liked her back. The prince didn't really show any other interest in anyone which seemed plausible. She feared that one-sided love or getting led on. God knows what happened from past experiences. She knew what she wanted but was she what he wanted?

Then again, she reminded herself that she wasn't those high-class socialites that got money from their daddies to buy a new pair of designer shoes and bags. She was unsure about that lifestyle, it seemed so far to reach. It never crossed her mind. But that was his lifestyle and Imuwa was hers. If anything happened, there could be a clash.

But girl was still taking her chances.

Though she liked Taehyung, it exactly didn't mean that her friends liked him.

"Princess, why didn't you give me the strawberry waffle sticks to display?" Jimin complained. "I can't drain all my energy right now! I'm helping a customer."

"What, are you reserving your energy for your fucking gangbang bukkake later tonight?" Taehyung spat back as he walked away with a broom. "You got hands and feet. Do it your fucking self, you troll."

"Hey, Princess." Jungkook passed by him with a bag of chips.

"Fuck off and get arrested, rat." The prince replied.

Yeah, their encounters weren't exactly the best.

But Penny really wanted them to get along and care for each other. She even told them and you know what they did?

These assholes fucking laughed at her.

But with the power of God and the author by her side, she ruthlessly threatened them to bond and created a sleepover at Jimin's house.

She needed Jungkook and Jimin to like him. They were her best friends. They were boiz. If your boiz didn't like your possible mans, it's over.

But Penny didn't want it to be over, in fact, it didn't start. She knew there was a side of Taehyung she personally got to know. But her friends didn't seem to believe it and thought of him as the devil.

It's because he was only ever kind to Penny. He said, "fuck them boys."

But not today.

She'll change all of their minds.