38. Until We Meet Again

It was Taehyung's final day in Imuwa.

In fact, only less than two hours left.

He had finished packing and settled his luggage, clothing racks, a box filled with shoes, another rack of bags, and a large container bin of his film equipment and supplies in the living room.

This time Halmeoni didn't complain as he prepared to leave, bittersweetly counting down the minutes until the chauffeur came to pick him up. She even helped him put them in there.

In the meantime, Taehyung wanted to see Penny. He needed to see her. He refused to leave their relationship like this. He wanted to explain himself, tell his regrets, tell her how sorry he was for calling her the poor girl.

He knew that she didn't like the label. All that she's been through, all that she got born into. It was unfair for someone who was only an innocent angel to everything and everyone on this cruel punishable Earth.

But subconsciously, he couldn't stop thinking about it. Since the first time he heard, his heart felt for her even if she didn't want it, even if she didn't talk about it. It lingered through his mind without his permission.

In addition to that, he found out about what happened to her and Seojoon. He protected her so she wouldn't see the pessimism, the struggle, the overall shit in life because let's face it, she already had more than him. He left her, broke her. He was gone without saying goodbye.

But Taehyung wasn't any different. He felt sorry for her so he kept it a secret. He didn't want her to be sad. He was gonna leave her, he crushed her.

But he didn't wanna be gone without saying goodbye one last time.

So he walked to her house and knocked on the door. Much to his disappointment, Halmeoni Lim opened the door with a polite smile but not inviting him inside.

"Hello Halmeoni," Taehyung breathed out as he eyed the back of her. He couldn't see her in the living room. "Is Penny here? I need to talk to her."

Halmeoni Lim sighed then lightly smiled, "I'm sorry, Taehyung. But Penny is sick and she doesn't want to see anyone right now." She made an excuse for the sake of her granddaughter.

Of course, she knew what happened. I mean you wouldn't think her grandmother wouldn't see her crying in her bed, not wanting to leave her room or eat.

Halmeoni Lim even found out about his leave through his Halmeoni so she could come up with a conclusion. Penny didn't specify what clearly happened but the old lady saw the pain in her sobbing irises to detect that she was deeply heartbroken.

The girl only came out to use the bathroom while her grandmother brought in water every thirty minutes to recharge her weeping.

Taehyung frowned as he shook his leg in distress. He needed to see her. "Halmeoni, can you please? I'm leaving soon." He begged as he sniffled his nose.

The old lady felt guilty about pushing him away. She could see it, the suffering plea in his pupils, the urgency in his tone. She wanted to help him, she wanted them to mend what the two young ones had.

But before Halmeoni could speak up, a roaring but breaking voice from the inside erupted, "NO!", followed by the slam of the door.

Though it could have been anyone, even Jungkook or Jimin, Penny knew that it was Taehyung. She knew he wanted to talk to her before he left.

But she didn't want to. She didn't want to see his face despite her heart telling her to. Because if she did, she'll cry harder knowing he'll be gone and away from her.