35. Last Time

Taehyung had the ability to move out of Imuwa.

No more chickens waking him up, no more going on the roof for better wifi connection, no more eating processed peasant food, no more riding the bus.

He can finally go home where he belongs.

He can go back to his air-foam mattress covered in his smooth grey silk sheets, his spacious grand room scenting in the sweet citrus. He can go back to his international and late-night adventures with his Hyungs. The quick-paced city lifestyle that he loved and was accustomed to.

But he created a home here. He grew closer with his Halmeoni and her hot-tempered personality. His eyes completely enchanted by the open sky scenery, the essence of nature surrounding his every angle. He opened his palate to his culture's dishes and learned to love pork intestines. He met probably the best and crazy rats here...

And he found love.

He found Penny.

A sweet baby angel sent from above who slapped some sense into him. The person who helped him want to change, to improve on himself, be someone that he looked up to.

He found someone who liked him as he was. Not Kim Taehyung, prince socialite. But Kim Taehyung, Halmeoni's brat asshole grandson.

Was he able to leave that?

Of course, he hated Imuwa no doubt. This gross poor town never matched his interest. He would evacuate and burn this place down to the ground. But he hated to leave what he built here.

He was too busy in his thoughts until he smelt charcoal lingering around his nostrils. Was Halmeoni grilling?

No, bitch. You're grilling, it's your shirt. Céline shirt flambé.

"Oh, shit!" Taehyung pulled the iron off his now scorched shirt as he fanned the smoke circulating his vicinity. "Dammit, this is my favorite one."

"Why the hell do I smell smoke?" Halmeoni complained as she walked into the living. "Did you burn one of my shirts?"

The still bewildered prince shook his head lightly, "No, that was mine..."

"Taehyung, are you okay?" Tejin asked. "How do you feel?"

"I'm...I'm fine," Taehyung reassured but it didn't sound too convincing. "I'm just shocked."

"About what?" Halmeoni questioned, feeling out of the loop.

"I can go home." The prince informed, causing his grandmother's pupils to widen. "I can leave Imuwa."

"Oh." The old lady nodded slowly.

"Mom, Tae Tae's been so good and this never would have happened without you." Sooyeon praised her mother. "The punishment has been lifted and he can come back a changed man!"

Halmeoni understood every word. It was sad to hear but it was expected. But all the woman said was, "I mean...isn't that what you wanted, Taehyung?"

Taehyung looked up at his rather serene grandmother then to his smiling parents. His face was solemn as he bit the insides of his mouth, unable to explain what he was feeling right now.

It was a bittersweet taste, one that makes you gag yet you keep coming back for more. It was a bit addicting, to say the least.

He was able to go back to his luxurious ways of life and never think of coming back to Imuwa. He wasn't gonna live the way he wanted to here. Nothing shouldn't stop him. 

That was his opportunity. This was his chance.

"Yeah," Taehyung admitted. "It's what I wanted."