𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

"so you're telling me y'all stopped a runaway train?"

"yeah, leo joined us, which was kinda dumb."

"kinda dumb?" valerie joked, raising an eyebrow. "that boy does not think sometimes."

"hey, bree, can i talk to you?" chris asked, walking up to the two girls.

"go away hobo," valerie scoffed.

"please," he pleaded, surprising his sister.

"im busy, sorry," bree mumbled, grabbing val's hand and dragging her away.

chris noticed that bree was wearing his twin sister's jacket, and a ton of questions suddenly appeared in his mind.

"hey guys, what's that?" bree asked, walking up to her brothers, valerie by her side.

"my progress report. i can't believe my science teacher says im always late to class."

"you are always late to class," valerie and adam said at the same time.

"i know that, but i don't need it publicized."

"look at this!"

"calm down haircut," valerie teased chase, who had just ran up to them.

"an a-minus! i knew my home ec teacher had it out for me. always criticizing my muffins."

"ha-ha! i beat you! i got an d-plus! plus because im better!"

"adam, the plus is-you know what? it's just not even worth it anymore," bree spoke, standing next to leo.

"d is not a good grade, but we don't really expect you to get good grades. im engineered for be the smartest person in the planet, and i just got an a-minus."

"maybe you shouldn't be such a suck-up," valerie muttered, earning a nudge from bree.

"i've been relegated to the huddled, unwashed masses of minuses, like you!"

valerie pretended to be offended as chase walked passed her to sit down.

"chase, i know this must be hard for you, but, i mean, look at the bright side-seeing your fall flat on your face is really fun for us! "

"i have got to find a way to reclaim my superiority."

"well, you could sign up for the student of the semester competition."

"what's that?" chase asked, becoming interested.

the two girls made eye contact, and smiled at each other for a couple moments, which didn't go unnoticed by another two who were at their lockers.

"every semester, kids compete to see who can best improve the school. whoever gets the most votes wins free pencils, a bumper sticker, and a cheesy picture of themself on the wall!"