𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"you guys told valerie?" mr davenport freaked out

"you're acting like im not right here," val waved.

"we didn't tell her. she actually found out. so did chris, but he's not the brightest so we made him believe we're just normal," bree shrugged.

"you mean he's dumb," chase said and bree shot him a glare.

"you can trust valerie, honey. she's been friends with leo for years now," tasha said, walking into the lab with snacks.

"okay, are we done here? i wanna go be normal for a while!" bree complained, throwing the neck brace and making a mess.

"can't we go just five minutes without something sparking, exploding or oozing around here?"

"wait this happens often?" leo nodded in response. "i should come over more often," val mumbled.

"ever since summer vacation started, it has been like one long science experiment."

"im sorry, honey. i- you know- maybe, maybe leo's right. maybe we need to take a break and go to the beach."

bree and adam cheered.

"we'll take a whole weekend, as a normal family, you know? no gadgets, no phones. we'll do it totally tech-free."

"that is exactly what i need. you would really do that for me?"

"of course. you are way more important to me than the amazing innovations born of my genius."

"valerie, are you doing anything this weekend?" tasha asked, glancing at her husband.

"no m'am," val answered, looking down at the people cleaning. she was gonna help but chase stopped her.

"would you like to join us?"

"i would love to," val replied, sending the older woman a smile that made bree's stomach do a flip.

"can chris come too?" bree asked, and tasha gave her a thumbs up before walking out.

"wow, big d, it's really nice of you to blow off work for my mom."

"well, you know, leo, now and then, everybody needs a little peace and-"

he was interrupted by an alarm.

"quiet!" he yelled, causing val to flinch. she still wasn't used to some loud noises for some reason but she didn't mind. she could sort of control it and it also didn't hurt as much.

"it's the early warning satellite system."

"it's detecting a giant solar flare. when that thing hits the atmosphere, it'll cause massive power failures-"

"and a total blackout of satellite communications," valerie said, cutting him off and earning some surprised looks from everyone but leo, who looked at her proudly. "what? im not just all looks," she shrugged.