Chapter 69

November 9,2020

November 9,2020

Noelle furrowed her eyebrows as she adjusted her glasses in her eyes while walking to the kitchen and saw Harry on the counter making his coffe.

He was looking awfully comfortable, with his naked torso and only his sweatpants,curls hanging off of his forehead as he looked down while making his coffee.

"Why do you look like that?" Noelle asked as she walked closer to him.

Furrowing his eyebrow, he looked at her with a questioning stare as she joined him on the kitchen and leaned on the counter, just few space away from him.

"Your eyebrows are fully closed together, you keep biting your lip and clenching your jaw" Noelle stated as he sighed while pouring some butter in his coffee, "Talk to me,Harry"

Placing the butter to the side, he started to stir his coffee while looking down to it, just watching the liquid swirl around.

"Adelaide is being stressed by your mom's intern" Harry said as Noelle nodded before she widened her eyes.

"What did you just say?" Noelle looked at Harry.

"You didnt know your mom has an intern?" Harry frowned as he looked back at her as the girl shook her head.

When Adelaide called him earlier to rant, he thought that his angel already knew what Adelaide is talking about. It kinda led him to wonder for a second as to why Noelle didnt told him about it, but then let it go, thinking its really not his business so he just listened to Addie and tried reasoning out to her to understand some things.

"Well she has, for about 2 weeks now" Harry softly said looking at the girl's reaction who remained silent and just looked at him.

Noelle felt sad, she didnt know why her parents didnt told her about it considering her parents tends to be open to them and sometimes, let them help with certain decisions.

The girl chewed the inside of her cheek thinking that maybe, her mom having an intern is really serious that they didnt involved the siblings for a decision.

Harry continued looking at her before clicking his little spoon on his mug a little before putting it on the table to pick up his mug and turned around, leaning his back on the counter, "Addie doesnt like her"

"Why is that?" Noelle quitely asked as she looked at Harry's side profile.

"Said that—" Harry leaned down a little to take a sip on his coffee before pursing his lips," She's too strict, uptight and likes to talk back"

Noelle frowned,about to reply something before Harry held up his free hand.

"But she's good at her job, so mama really cant fire or anything" Harry continued, looking at her.

The girl huffed, feeling helpless about it. She really doesnt like feeling that way when it comes to her family and worse, if one of the sibling doesnt like the person.

Its like a pact on the siblings that if they dont like a person, they will tell each other.

Of course, Harry being in a family already, theyre free to talk to him about it, no matter what happens.

"She's gonna be fine, honey" Harry said before sipping on his coffee again as Noelle just frowned at him, " I told her to give Linda some time, and if she still doesnt like her, then we tell mama and pops"

Noelle just sighed before pushing herself off of the counter to walk back on their room to distract herself, not wanting to call her parents yet and just wait for them.

"Wipe that frown off of your pretty face, angel" Harry called looking at her back as she walks to the stairs.

Noelle just raised her hand up and give him the finger making him chuckle under his breath after sipping on his coffe.

"A brat you are, Angel"

-
November 12,2020

" So her name is Linda Miller, 24 years old and wants be the greatest writer, so when mom found her, mom thought it would be great to have an intern" Adelaide said as she was sat on her room, staring in her laptop in Zoom with her siblings in it too while they listened to her.

Wesley who is grimacing beside Noelle and Harry, Quinn being the oldest and trying to judge anything right now considering  she's not in London. Wesley and Quinn who just knew this news are thinking of ways on how to avoid their parents, yes they are that petty.

What do you expect really? They're literally the Downey's so of course.

"You know what? She makes me eat a fucking marmite" Addie threw her hands in the air.

"you dont like marmite" Wesley stated.

"Yeah no shit, idiot" Addie glared at him.

"Okay okay, calm down" Quinn chuckled a little, looking at her siblings, " What does she do there?"

"Do her work of course, but she's really bossy sometimes like she lives here" Addie rolled her eyes, putting a pillow on her lap before her eyes lit up and looked at them, "I swear yesterday"

"What happened?" Harry asked as he cross his left leg to his right.

"I swear to your babies" Addie looked at the couple who chuckled softly before looking at Wes and Quinn, " I saw her opening Noelle's room"

"What the hell?" Noelle said as she leaned forward from the couch.

"I swear yeah, she did" Addi exclaimed grabbng her hair, " she opened the door and just stared at it, like she's looking for something"

Noelle frowned at that, leading her to think that maybe her mom hiring an intern is a bad idea or maybe this Linda is a bad person. What sucks is that she cant judge anything right now, she havent even met the woman yet and her parents taught them better than judging.

"Thats creepy" Wesley frowned as Quinn bit her thumb softly.

"J-just give it time, she might have just lost something of hers" Quinn calmly said, not really liking the thought of someone snooping around in her sister's room.

"WHAT?!" Addie yelled.

"Hey, lower your voice" Harry said, with a little stern in his voice as Wesley looked at him, noticing the man's behavior who was so quite throughout their discussion.

Adelaide sighed before looking at him," I gave her time already"

"I did told you that too, but its only been  2 days" Harry sucked in a breath, looking at Adelaide who has a pout on her face mixed with frustration, " And the last time I check, giving someone time lasts for days, not just in 2 days, Adelaide"

Addie just sighed, knowing Harry has a point there considering, she knows that she's being judgey or quick to assume but she cant help it.

"He's right, lets not jump into conclusions right now,okay?" Quinn nodded her head.

Adelaide just sighed before muttering an okay as the others nodded also, agreeing  on it knowing also that assuming some things will lead into some bad consequences.

"ADELAIDE MAY, DO YOUR HOMEWORK FOR GODS SAKE", suddenly they heard a shout outside of the girl's room.

Adelaide huffed, looking at her siblings and Harry who has a bewildered expression, the one thing they know that the person who shouted was Linda cause theyre sure as hell that their mom doesnt shout or doesnt sound like a squeaky woman.

"Be kind, Adelaide May" Harry warned as Addie nodded.

Despite him trying to keep Adelaide in line, he knew deep down that something is wrong.