James McAvoy x Female Reader Oneshot

This was requested by my brain to put out into the world of Wattpad, I hope you like it! I will also wish everyone a very merry Christmas these coming days and happy holidays! Updates will probably not happen during the holidays, but I will still be writing and getting handwritten oneshots ready to be published in the new year; keep your eyes peeled for those when they come out! :) And also, before I forget, anyone who has requested a oneshot for this book and my other books, I'm so sorry they're taking forever and a day for me to get them out, but they will be coming! I have no idea when they'll get written, but they will definitely be written as soon as I can! Now, imma shut up, and let's get down to business!

Y/N's POV

Filming a horror movie was really tough, especially when one's friend plays a killer clown and one's dating a cast member.  How do I know about this? I'm friends with actor Bill Skarsgård and am dating James McAvoy. This is my story. Oh! I forgot to introduce myself; that's rude! My name is Y/N Y/L/N, and this is my story.

I'd woken up in mine and James' shared hotel suite in Port Hope, Canada, to the smell of coffee and my shirtless lover's back. James was normally up at the ass-crack of dawn to shoot It: Chapter Two, so I wasn't used to him making me coffee in the morning. When I yawned, he smiled, turned to me, and asked, "Hey there, my love. Sleep well?"

I nodded and answered while stretching, "I did, babe. And thank you for making me the fuel of champions before I ate your arm."

James chuckled while pouring a cup of the aforementioned fuel and stated, "I know you, love. If you don't have your coffee first thing in the morning, you're scary."

I giggled and said, "And I thank you for making sure I don't kill you." He kissed my forehead while handing me my cup of liquid gold. I took a sip, moaned in delight, and exclaimed, "I'm a happy camper!"

James chuckled and said, "You're scary with your devotion to coffee."

I giggled and said, "But coffee will never compare to my love for you." I kissed his cheek and asked while he sat on the bed, "When do they need you on set?"

James answered, "I think at 10:30 for makeup." I kept guzzling my perfect coffee when he asked, "Do you want to come with me?"

I almost dropped my mug when he asked that. Yes, I'd gone to the set before, but I'd only gone to surprise (and scare) James when he didn't think I could visit. This was the first time he'd outright asked me to come to set. I stared at James and answered, "Of course, darling. I'd love to come with you."

James beamed like a kid at Christmas and frantically texted someone on his cell phone. I cocked an eyebrow at him and he said, "Isaiah told me I had to get to set now. I'm letting him know you're coming with me and we'll be on our way very soon."

I downed my coffee and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and sports bra off the floor while James threw on a white T-shirt; it took everything I had to not rip that shirt off his muscles and massage them, but I kept myself together while dawning a black V-neck shirt and black Ugg boots. When I was dressed, I felt blue eyes on me and I brushed my (h/c) (h/l) hair (A/N: (h/c) and (h/l) mean "hair color" and "hair length", in case it was confusing to you, my lovely readers! Now, let's continue! :) ). Smiling in the mirror, I asked, "Can I help you, James dear?"

I didn't hear his chuckle, but James handed me my purse and said, "You're so beautiful, my lovely Y/N. and I don't believe you're mine." James hugged my waist and I snuggled into his warm chest. James kissed my cheek and asked, "Shall we go? It's only a quick walk to the set."

I smiled and answered, "Let's get going! And I'll try to get some food matter on the way!" He chuckled and I said, "What? I'm hungry and want food."

James smiled, let go of my waist, and said, "And I don't want you hungry on set! So to the pastry shop!" I giggled and grabbed our room keys since James probably forgot his, and we were off to acquire some chocolate croissants. It didn't take long, though, because Isaiah Mustafa and Jessica Chastain stared at us in the hotel lobby when we came. I cocked an eyebrow and James whispered into my ear in his gorgeous Scottish brogue, "I had Isaiah get breakfast for us, love. I wanted you all to myself this morning."

"Don't you think ahead?" I playfully asked him as we moved closer to James' castmates. They smiled at me and I asked, "Did you wait long?"

Jessica answered, "We just got here, so you didn't."

Isaiah added, "James over there told us to hurry our asses, so we did. The rest of the cast is on set waiting to see you, Y/N."

I giggled, which I'd apparently been doing a lot this morning, and took the food goodie bag from Isaiah. He chuckled while telling my man, "You got a good one, man. Hang on to her."

James squeezed my hand and told him, "I intend to do that."

I blushed as we walked through the city to set; since it was so close to the hotel, everyone decided a walk was in order. James' hand didn't let go of mine the entire walk, which I found very comforting. I knew today would be a good day.

When we got to the set, Andy Muschietti, the film's director, rushed over to us and asked me, "Y/N, thank God you're here! We need you to stand in for Beverly's back with Bill in one scene."

I stared at him for a few moments and asked, "Not to be rude, but why me?"

He answered, "Both Sophia and her double are sick and we don't want to make Bill wait to shoot the scene later." James squeezed my hand and Andy asked, "Well you do it?"

I at first didn't answer, but I did tense the hand James held. Only he knew about my fear of clowns, and I wanted to keep it that way. However, despite my fear, I nodded and let Andy take both James and I to the makeup trailer. As we walked, Andy handed me some sides for the day with my cues circled in red ink; the aching feeling in my chest didn't go away as I studied the tiny paper. James whispered in my ear, "I'll be with Andy the whole time, love. You won't have to worry."

"I love you," was my answer as we sat down in our respective chairs and had our hair and makeup done; due to me standing in, I needed a wig that looked like Beverley's hair. The makeup ladies tried to talk to me, but I was too scared to register what they were saying. True, I had no idea what was actually going to happen, but I did know that James would be with me no matter what happened.

The rest of the morning was spent on autopilot getting me ready to the point where I didn't know what time it was until I stood before a camera and saw Bill at the other end of the set; I rationally knew who he was, but he was still terrifying in the full Pennywise getup. I let go of James' hand, he went behind the camera as I knew he would, and Andy yelled, "Action!"

After that word left his mouth, all traces of Bill vanished; Pennywise himself was on the set. And I internally begged for someone to get me away from the killer clown. I didn't hear any of whatever he was saying due to my fear and impending panic attack. I knew if I stayed on set, it wasn't good. My heart was beating at the speed of light, but when Pennywise/Bill shrieked, I screamed bloody murder and shrunk into a ball, the tears I'd held in flowing like Niagara Falls. Since my brain didn't register other humans around me, I didn't hear Andy call "Cut!" and anything else being said around me. This wasn't good.

Two minutes into my panic attack, I felt James' arms hug me tightly and heard, "It's alright, darling. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

"P-Promise?" I squeaked out of my very raspy vocal cords; pro tip, don't talk after screaming in terror because it hurts like a motherfucker.

He kissed the back of my head and answered, "One I will keep forever for you. I love you too much to lose you."

I smiled despite still shitting myself in very obvious terror and leaned into his strong chest, letting his heartbeat soothe me. True, we were currently in the middle of the set, but I didn't care. James was with me, and I knew deep in my heart he'd always protect me.