Jerome ValeskaxReader Part 2 for @Satsujins-life

This is the second part of the one-shot that was requested by the lovely @Satsujins-life, I hope you enjoy it! I don't fully know what the plot will be in terms of smuttiness or fluffiness, so bear with me on what I turn this into. Now, let's get on with the story!

Y/N's POV

Jerome is a massive bag of dicks some of the time. And when I expressly told him that he shouldn't have gone off to kill Bruce Wayne, he's just as worse as some other people that I will not mention for fear of getting killed if they're watching. However, I did not go to bed that night happy. This is how the evening began and went from bad to worse.

I had come down from Jerome's room into the entryway and saw him packing up his duffle bag while talking to one of the many henchmen running around. He didn't see me coming, so I guessed I was safe to eavesdrop. Jerome stated, "Don't let Y/N know what the fuck I'm doing, Brian. Understand me? She cannot know I planned this."

"Planned what, babe?" I asked from the middle of the grand staircase. Jerome and the other guy, Brian, stared at me with huge eyes; they hadn't thought I was there. I came to the ground floor and asked, "What are you doing with that bag, Jerome?"

Brian didn't speak, and Jerome stared at me still, his mouth hit the floor as I came closer. After I stood right in front of him, he answered, "Babe! I didn't see you there; I thought you were out with your friends! Brian here and I are going on a work trip this weekend, and I wanted to leave before you got back." When I crossed my arms, Jerome added, "I wrote you a note explaining myself."

I took the note that he had in his hand and threw it onto the ground in front of me. I then looked at him and said, "You should know by now that you cannot write me a note when you leave expecting that I'm going to like that you're off, Jerome Valeska. How long have we been together?" Before he could answer, I said, "Long enough that I should believe that you are going to fucking stop trying to kill Bruce Wayne before he realizes his calling of being Batman! Why the fuck do I even stay with you when you're going off to kill a completely innocent man." I backed away when he tried to grab my shoulders and I whispered, "I don't even know the man I fell in love with anymore."

That got to Jerome, as he backed up and stared at me like I wasn't his girlfriend. I heard Brian clear his throat to try and get Jerome to move, but he wouldn't budge from his spot and neither would I. We were staring each other down like it was our jobs to do so. After the stare-down, Jerome backed up even more and said, "Let's go, Brian. It appears I'm not welcome in my own house anymore."

His words shattered my heart into a thousand million tiny pieces. I do want Jerome with me; why doesn't he see that I was asking him to stay?! He picked up his duffle bag, turned to the door, and walked out like it was the easiest thing to do. I inhaled shakily and ran back up the stairs, not to my room, but Jerome's room. When I finally flopped on his bed, the tears flowed freely and I sobbed like no tomorrow. How could Jerome think that I would want him to continue killing Bruce Wayne? How?! I didn't get the chance to answer myself as sleep took me shortly after my crying session.

Jerome's POV

I didn't want to leave Y/N like that when I left her, but I couldn't help it. She doesn't understand that it's my mission to kill the Bat before he realizes his power. I got into Brian's car, buckled in, and looked back at the house. I thought that Y/N was going to follow after me and try and stop me, but she didn't appear. Brian drove off and said, "If I may say, sir, you fucked up big time."

I turned to him and growled, "I know that I fucked up, Brian! You don't think I know that? I never wanted her to find out, and she wasn't going to find out if we hadn't spoken in the fucking entryway like we were doing. For that, I blame you and myself, but mostly you. Now, let's get this over with so I can come back and hopefully make it up to my girl. Got it?"