The Sea Dragon and the Phoenix (Hatori Sohma x Female Reader) UNEDITED

This oneshot was requested by my brain to write for you all! I haven't edited this one yet, so this will be the very rough version of this oneshot; there will be a new update hopefully coming soon with the edited version. Now, I've talked long enough, let's get to the story!

Narrator's POV

Everyone knows the story of the Chinese zodiac animals possessing a family and making their lives a living hell. The Sohma family was one of world renown even to those people who lived outside of the town where they were living in in Japan. And for one girl, one man in this family would make her life not what it seemed in the best way possible. Hime Ayakashi sighed as she entered her new office one fine Monday morning to a mountain of paperwork and no room to breath; she'd moved down from Ginza to the Sohma estate as one of their new secretaries even though she wasn't part of the family in any way. So what made her so special that the family head, Akito, deemed her worthy enough to work there? She didn't know, and as she sat down at her desk, she still didn't know for the longest time, which plagued her to no end. "Why is it that whenever I start a new job somewhere, they always pile the work onto me?" Hime groaned while setting her work bag at her desk. "They do that so you know the pace of things here," a very chipper voice said and Hime nearly knocked the papers everywhere from the shock. The woman who spoke to Hime giggled and said, "I'm sorry for scaring you; I normally warn people with an email the day I learn of a new hire. And I couldn't determine how to get in touch with you, so I figured to surprise you the minute you got into the office." Hime wasn't a morning person by any means, but this woman was too much even for her to handle. She cocked her eyebrow at the strange woman and asked her, "What's your name and why're you so chipper this morning?" The woman started and giggled again while replying, "Oh, I'm sorry for forgetting that! I'm Kana Sohma, one of the other family members you'll work with. I sometimes come in early and help Dr. Sohma prepare to see the head of the family and get the other patients ready. And I drink too much coffee, so I'm usually this chipper, to answer your second part of the question." She bent down to help Hime pick up the papers that fell off her desk while talking and Hime watched her form not worrying about multitasking putting the papers on the desk and making sure she answered everything Hime asked. How did she do that and why did Hime really want to do that? She couldn't stop herself from wondering why this person was still chittering away without a care for what was going on until a deeper voice asked her, "Kana, are you scaring the new girl again? Or do I have to move you to a new part of the office?" Hime looked at the man who was speaking to Kana and found her heart stopping in her chest without thinking about it; this one was gorgeous, and her heart didn't know how to comprehend what was going on. She studied his name tag for a few moments and realized that he too was a Sohma-from the looks of it, he was the Dr. Hatori Sohma she'd heard about. He stared at her through probably both eyes-one was covered by hair-and asked her, "I trust she hasn't been pushing you too hard since you've started here, Miss." Hime nodded her head and found her voice heading for the hills without a second thought. Sure, she was used to men picking on her and sometimes flirting with her. It happened more times than she cared to admit. But Dr. Sohma stirred something in her that not even her last boyfriend could dredge up. What was this feeling and why didn't she want it to leave her? Dr. Sohma stared at her for a few solid minutes and she replied, "N-No, Kana's not scaring me, Dr. Sohma. I apologize if I seemed rude before." He held his hand up and said, Please, Call me Hatori. You're the new girl, right?" And Dr. Soh-Hatori-leaned over her desk to see her nameplate before saying, "Hime, is it?" Hime nodded without speaking and Hatori stared at her for a few moments before saying, "Don't get Kana get to you, Hime. She's like that with everyone she meets. And if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me." Kana cocked her head at how nice the Sohma doctor was being to the new girl he'd only just met a few minutes ago. Who was this woman to the doctor and why did Kana want to know more about her to try and set them up? She had no clue, but she did know that Hime and Hatori Sohma would be the prime couple for everyone in the family to gossip about, and Hime and Hatori wouldn't have a say in the matter. Rather, Hime and Hatro would be the talk of the Sohme family to the point where even the members of the Zodiac could sit back and watch. What could go wrong about this?