I Can't Hurt a Gorgeous Creature Like Yourself (Eric Northman X Reader)

Living in a vampire-filled neighborhood was hard enough without living right next to the house of the Sheriff of Louisiana. You lived in the small parish of Bon Temps, and you worked at Merlot's as a waitress. You, a plain and ordinary human, were the target of the one Eric Northman.

He was the Sheriff of Louisiana, and he'd had his eyes on you ever since you first came to Bon Temps. You intrigued him, and he had no clue why you did so. From the first time he saw you, he was fascinated by the way you held yourself. To him, you were an angel who had fallen down from heaven, and he wanted to know more about you.

When you two first met, it was a fine Sunday night and you were walking home from work when you spotted a man on the ground in pain. "Oh good Lord!" you gasped as you ran forward toward the man. He was a tall man from what you could tell with short blond hair and blue eyes. You knelt next to him and asked, "Are you alright? Can you hear me?"

The man didn't speak, he only growled. That's when you saw them, the fangs. You knew that there were vampires in Bon Temps, Sookie Stackhouse had warned you about them. But seeing one alive and in person was a whole other matter entirely. The vampire growled again once he opened his eyes, "Get. Away. From. Me."

You stood up and backed away as the vampire stood up and stared at you. You asked, "W-What are you doing, sir? Why are you staring at me as if I'm your dinner?"

The unnamed vampire retracted his fangs and said, "I'm sorry, that was rude of me. My name's Eric Northman, and I own Fangtasia. I'm sorry if I scared you, it's just...I was attacked earlier on and I was healing. I smelt you, and I reacted instinctually. I'm so sorry if I scared you."

You stared at him and said, "No, not at all. I've never seen a real vampire before, and I've heard all the stories. You just shocked me is all. No harm, no foul in my eyes, to be honest."

The vampire, Eric, chuckled and said, "You know? For a human who should be my dinner, I find that I can't hurt you at all, even if I wanted to."

"What's that supposed to me, may I ask, Mr. Northman?" you asked him, crossing your arms across your chest and staring at him dead in the eyes, unconsciously testing him. You saw in his eyes something that you'd never seen before in any man, human or vampire. You saw fascination, trust, and for some odd reason, love.

He answered, "When I first saw you,  you fascinated me. You didn't know what you were doing and you looked so innocent. I wanted to help you, but it was out in daylight, and I had to hide myself from you. From then on, I, for some strange reason unknown to myself, can't hurt a beautiful creature such as yourself."

You blushed and whispered, "No one's ever said that to me before."

Eric stood in front of you and cradled your cheeks in hers. He then whispered, "You deserve to hear it all the time. Pray tell me, what is your name?"

"Y/N, Y/N Y/L/N," you answered without hesitation, and he smiled a giant smile that stretched from ear to ear.

He whispered against your lips, "I can't hurt a gorgeous creature like yourself." And with that, he captured your lips in a most passionate kiss that could rival all the kisses in the world and in history.