An Outlandish Affair

This was not requested, and this is based on the hit show Outlander. I hope you all enjoy it! Let's get to the story!

Marsha's POV

No one ever expects to travel back in time. Especially not back to the past. But this is how I accidentally hurtled back to 1774 England.

I had gone to bed that Monday night with no belief in time travel. I mean, I'm a teacher in Boston, for God's sake! Why would time travel exist?! When I got home, I yawned and said, "Well, that day didn't need to happen."

"You're telling me. I fought with my now ex-boyfriend, Matt, over a roaster chicken that we planned to make before you got home," my roommate and best friend, Amanda Knight, said from her bedroom.

I giggled and asked, "Who would cook?"

Amanda answered, "I said I would, but Matt didn't have any of it. He even said I couldn't cook!"

I countered, "You can't cook."

Amanda grunted incredulously and exclaimed, "I can cook! I just don't that often!"

"That and you burn things more than you cook," I added as I walked to my bedroom. When I was about halfway up, I yelled down, "I'm going to bed! Keep it down!" Amanda grunted in response, going back to her show. I walked into my bedroom, put my bag on my chair, and flopped face-first onto my mattress. I didn't even bother changing clothes, I was that tired. Dreamland came quickly after.

After probably five hours of dreamless sleep, I awoke to grass in my mouth and people talking in thick accents above me. Groaning, I tried to roll onto my back, but strong hands gripped my shoulders and flung me onto my back. The man who belonged to the hands had broad shoulders, curly red hair, and piercing green eyes. Dayum! He was FINE! He asked me, "Who are ye? How did ye get here?"

I sat up on my elbows, stared at Hottie, and answered, "I'm Marsha Daniels. And I don't know how I got here." I looked around and asked, "Where is "here", exactly?"

Another man about my age with shoulder-length black hair answered, "Scotland, milady. More specifically, Lallybrock, land of milord James Alexander Malcolm McKenzie Fraser. I'm Fergus."

He held out his hand, which I gratefully took, and let Fergus hoist me to my feet. This Fergus was strong, that much I knew from looking at him. I smiled and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Fergus." I looked at the guy who'd first spoken to me and asked, "Are you James Fraser?"

He nodded and answered, "Call me Jamie, Marsha." He gestured at the castle behind me and stated, "Welcome to Lallybrock."

I turned to face Lallybrock and whispered, "I'm not in Boston anymore."

"Boston?" Fergus asked.

I nodded and answered, "Yeah, it's where I'm from in America." Fergus and Jamie stared at me. I asked, "Ever heard of it?"

Fergus shook his head and Jamie answered, "Only in passing."

I smiled and said, "It's a gorgeous place with green gardens, boats on the harbor, and amazing and diverse people everywhere." I stopped when I thought of my friends and family; Mom, Dad, Amanda. They're probably wondering where I am. A tear fell down my cheek and I let out a sob.

Fergus gently wiped my tear away and asked, "Is something wrong, milady?"

"No, Fergus. I'm fine," I answered, wiping my unshed tears away. He stared at me and I shakily said, "Alright, I'm not fine. I miss home."

Fergus gently touched my shoulder as the tears I'd held back came crashing down. Jamie nodded at him and he said, "You can stay with us if you like. We won't hurt you."

I smiled and said, "Thank you, Fergus and Jamie. And my real name's Diana if you want to use that."

Fergus smiled and said, "Of course, Lady Diana." He took my hand and I blushed. Fergus hoisted me up and asked, "What're you wearing?"

I looked down at my clothes and answered, "These are my work clothes." They were my standard teacher clothes; a white blouse, a blue pencil skirt, nylons, and blue heels. Fergus and Jamie looked away and I asked, "Something wrong?"

Jamie shook his head and answered, "It's not that."

Fergus added, "We're not used to this style of dress on a woman. And one of your breasts is out."

I looked down and sure enough, he was right. My left boob had somehow fallen out of my bra. Fucking great. That's the last thing I need right now. While sitting on my haunches, I wrestled my stray boob back in place and yelled, "Nothing to see here!"

Fergus blushed and hid his face in his hands. Jamie chuckled and said, "That's a sure first." I fixed myself as he added, "Ye made Fergus blush."

I giggled and Fergus said, "Thank you, Milord, but could you shut your trap?" Jamie laughed out loud and hit Fergus' back. He stumbled and mumbled, "Merde. That fucking hurt."

I stood up, fixed my skirt, and said, "I think you dropped something, Fergus." He looked at me and I said, "The hand at your feet." He blushed again, I picked it up and handed it back to him. He took it and I said, "For what it's worth, I think it's really brave what you did."

Fergus smiled shyly and looked at the ground. Jamie chuckled, leaned down to me, and whispered, "I think ye've tickled Fergus' fancy." I giggled and Jamie said, "Fergus! Look at the lass, fer God's sakes!"

He said something in French and then asked me, "Care to stay here with us, madame?"

I nodded and answered, "I'd be delighted to. Lead the way."

Fergus blushed and Jamie laughed out loud. I giggled and Fergus walked to the castle, me following on his heels. Jamie tailed behind me and I admired the scenery around me. Why had I never been to Scotland before? When we entered the castle, I gasped, "Holy hell."

Jamie chuckled and said, "This house has been in me family fer generations."

I smiled and ran my fingers against the brilliant wood detailing. I felt eyes on me while I did this from Fergus. I stopped in front of a woman in a bright red dress. Laying my hand on the frame, I whispered, "She's beautiful."

"Her name was Claire," Fergus said behind me. I looked at him while he said, "She married milord to save herself for the Redcoats. They adopted me back in France when I was a young boy, and I'll always repay them for it. Milady had this painted in France before we left for Scotland."

I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "You miss Claire, don't you? I somewhat understand."

He asked, "Really?"

I nodded and answered, "Yeah, I miss my best friend, Amanda. She-" My voice cut off and the tears flowed. It hadn't hit me that I wasn't ever going to see her.

I didn't realize that I was crying until Fergus wrapped his arms around me and said, "I don't know who this Amanda is, but she's always in your heart. Does she know where you are?"

I answered into his chest, "No, she doesn't. She-She hasn't been born yet." I pulled away, rubbed my eyes, and said, "I'm sorry for unloading all of this on you when we just met."

Fergus wiped away my tears with his flesh hand and whispered, "We'll protect you, Diana. You have my word as an adopted Fraser."

I smiled at him and said, "And for that, I truly thank you, Fergus." He smiled, and I didn't know why I did this, but I kissed his cheek. I pulled away and said, "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me."

Fergus blushed and said, "It's quite alright Milady. I am glad to help you." I blushed again at his accent and he then said, "We were going to make dinner. Want to help out?"

I nodded and said, "Of course!" He chuckled and headed to what I thought was the kitchen. When I walked in, a sense of home came over me. I usually clocked for Amanda. This is a normal terrain for me. Granted, I don't know what the future holds for me, but I know that I planned on making sure I survive her with Fergus, or die trying.