Osamu Dazai x Male!Reader Oneshot (Bungou Stray Dogs)

This one shot was requested by my lovely brain to write and put out into the world for your faces to read! This will contain a male reader and slight yaoi elements, so if those aren't your cup of tea, look away now :) And now, I will shut up, and let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

I sighed while walking to the Armed Detective Agency, wondering what type of shenanigans I'd get into. I was one of the ADA's many gifted members, and none of the agents knew what my special ability was. It also helped that I rarely went on jobs, so I never needed to use my ability. However, when my colleague, Osamu Dazai, brought in Atsushi Nakajima, everything changed.

When I first walked into the full office on a bright Monday morning, Dazai waved at me and yelled, "Y/N-kun, good morning! Meet my new protégée!" I didn't register who Dazai meant until he pointed to a butt sticking in the air and said, "This is Atsushi Nakajima, or his butt. Kunikida hit him upside the head."

I asked, "And why did Doppo hit the new kid on the head?"

The aforementioned Doppo Kunikida answered, "He was scared of one of Dazai's many failed suicide attempts. I had to knock him out so he wouldn't start screaming again."

I asked again, "Did he deserve to be knocked out, Kunikida?" He didn't answer, and I said, "That's what I thought. Wake him up."

Kunikida stared at me and Dazai said, "You heard Y/N. Wake Atsushi up, Kunikida!" He sang the last part and I resisted the urge to blush like a dork.

Kunikida growled obscenities at Dazai and yelled, "Hey, kid! Get up! Dazai isn't trying to kill himself."

I put my backpack down while the butt moved and a voice groggily asked, "What happened? Why does my head hurt?"

"You were scared Dazai would kill himself. Kunikida knocked you out," I explained behind my huge dual monitors; I liked having two massive dual monitors to hid behind during the day and do my work.

The butt lowered and a head appeared, turning to where I'd spoken from. A timid voice asked my monitors, "A-Are you sentient monitors and I'm dead?"

I held my hand up and answered, "There's a human behind the monitors, kid. Come around and see." I heard feet moving closer and saw silver, asymmetrical hair staring at me using hazel eyes. I smiled at him and said, "I'm Y/N Y/L/N. You're the new kid, I assume."

He nodded and said, "I'm A-Atsushi Nakajima. It's nice to meet you."

I smiled back at him and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Atsushi. And don't let Dazai get to you. He likes to glom onto the new kids."

Before Atsushi spoke, Dazai exclaimed, "That's mean, Y/N-kun!"

"Am I wrong, Osamu?" I asked and heard the entire office go silent; the ADA president was probably also silent! For context I never called Dazai by his first name. So whenever I did, I meant business. He stared at me and I asked again, "Am I wrong in my assumption, Osamu?"

Dazai shook his head and I heard Kenji said, "You broke him, Y/N."

I chuckled and said, "If I broke Dazai, then I'll use my ability to repair him."

"What's your ability?" Atsushi asked. Crap, forgot he was still there!

I answered, "If I told you, you wouldn't believe me, kid. Trust me." Doppo tried to ask me something and I said, "Drop it, Kunikida."

Kunikida nodded and Naomi walked into the room with the ADA President behind her; fuck. If he came here, then I was needed for a case, which I hadn't planned for. I straightened up as the president said, "Dazai, Y/L/N, in my office. Now." And he left just as fast as he came. This wasn't good.

When Dazai and I entered the President's office, the door shut and darkness engulfed us. I internally groaned and Dazai stated, "Well, this isn't what I had in mind for today."

I cocked an eyebrow at him and asked, "Then what did you have planned for today, Dazai?" He didn't answer and I watched him plop next to where I'd parked myself and move closer to my face; what was he planning?

I tried to back away, but he said, "Don't move away. Please." I stopped when he said "please" and I didn't know how to proceed. Dazai and I never acted on our "flirt"-ship before, so to see him act this forward was shocking me to my core.

After my almost three-minute silence-yes, I counted-I asked, "W-What're you going to do, Osamu?"

He at first didn't answer, but I saw out of the corner of my eye one of his bandaged hands cup my left cheek. Dazai inhaled, leaned in ever closer, and breathed, "I've wanted to do this since you joined the ADA." Before I asked him what he meant, Dazai closed the distance between us and placed his lips on mine. I started for a moment and then melted into probably the best kiss of my life; I felt sparks where our skin met and heard the love bombs go off. Why hadn't we kissed before? True I had a massive crush on the suicidal agent since I first met him, but I didn't think he'd ever love me back. To say our lips were puzzle pieces fitting together was the perfect metaphor.

When Dazai finally pulled away, I tried to talk, but a small voice asked, "Did you finally make out with Y/N, Daza-san?!"

I cocked an eyebrow and Dazai chuckled while saying, "Leave it to Atsushi to get to the point." I stared at him and he kept his hand on my cheek, our eyes meeting again and a blush dusting my cheek. Dazai cleared his throat said, "I didn't think I'd have to plan this out, but I was scared you'd hate me."

My left hand rested on Dazai's shoulder and I asked him, "What do you want to tell me, Osamu? I won't ever hate you."

Dazai put our foreheads together and whispered, "I love you, Y/N Y/L/N. And I'd like to be your boyfriend." I didn't answer him, and Dazai quickly added, "If you'll have me."

My heart soared at the thought of dating the man of my dreams and I crushed our lips together; my other hand clung to Dazai and I felt our lips dance perfectly. When our lips finally pulled apart, I smiled at him and said, "I love you too, Osamu Dazai. And yes, I'll be your boyfriend."

He beamed and we heard smashing outside; someone apparently got hit. I chuckled and Dazai stated, "Atsushi just got hit upside the head." I nodded, still smiling like a kid at Christmas, and Dazai asked me, "If I may, what exactly is your special ability?"

I countered, "Do you want to become a living painting, babe?" He shook his head quickly and I stated, "We'll save my ability for the fight with the Guild." Dazai smiled, kissed my forehead, and the remainder of our day was spent being adorable as fuck and stopping Kunikida from rage-killing Dazai.