A Vampire's Love (Bill Compton x Reader)

This story was requested by my lovely brain to put out into the reading world for you all to enjoy! It will be short, so fair warning on that :) And now, Imma shut up, and let's tell this story set in the world of the hit HBO show True Blood, shall we? We shall!

Y/N's POV

I'd known vampires were real for almost four years before they "came out of the coffin." And when one walked into Merlotte's Bar and Grille looking right at me, I was speechless. Sam Merlotte, my boss and the bar owner, asked me, "Why're you staring at the vampire that just walked in?"

I answered, "While I did know they were out of the coffin, I didn't expect to see one come into Merlotte's."

He nodded and Sookie said, "And he's staring right at you, Y/N." When I turned around, the aforementioned vampire was staring at me. Why was I so interesting? I mean, I didn't have a special ability like Sookie, and I wasn't really pretty. I kept staring at him and Sookie said, "Go over and say hi! You won't learn anything about him standing here!"

Sam, who hadn't spoken since I don't know when, said, "While I don't like him here, Sookie's right. You won't learn anything if you stand here like an idiot."

I sighed, knowing I lost, and told Sookie, "Fine, but you're covering my tables for the rest of the week." She nodded, and I inhaled, took my notepad from the bartop, and headed in Vampire's direction; his eyes bore holes into my soul. When I got closer, I put on my waitress smile, and said, "Welcome to Merlotte's Bar and Grille! What can I get for you?"

Vampire simply said, "A glass of red wine." He kept staring at me as he spoke.

I nodded, wrote his order in my notepad, and stated while still smiling, "Coming right up!" He gave one nod and I slowly turned and headed back to the bar. When I got there, I held my head high and stated, "I need a glass of red wine, please."

Tara Thornton, a dear friend of mine and Sookie and the only other bartender there besides Sam, asked me, "Why're you getting wine for him, bitch?" I've known Tara almost all of my life, so her calling me "bitch", while sometimes insulting, was fine most of the time.

I answered simply, "It's my job."

"Well said, Y/N. Well said," Sam said while handing me the full glass of wine. As I took it and put it on a tray, Sam said, "Be careful around him. You don't know what he'll do if you give him an opening for him to strike."

I nodded, carefully picked up the tray with the wine on it, and said, "I'll be fine, Sam. Don't worry." He sighed, nodded, and I headed back to Vampire's table; I made a mental note to ask him his name at some point. When I got closer, I smiled, set the wine glass in front of Vampire, and said, "Here you go! If you need anything, let me know."

Before I headed back to the bar, Vampire asked, "May I please know your name? I'd like to call on you sometime."

I blushed when I heard his Southern drawl lace his words and forgot how to speak. Southern gentlemen were always my weakness, and if this vampire kept talking, I'd turn into putty in his hands! I blushed and said, "I get off work at midnight. Maybe I'll tell you if you stick around."

He flashed a small smile, which I didn't think was possible, and said, "Then after I finish this glass, I'll meet you outside."

I continued smiling and blushing as I said, "See you then. Don't run off in the meantime."

"Wouldn't dream of it," was his answer and I giggled despite myself; damnit, I was fucking turning into Arlene! Before I got out of way and went back to work, I felt a hand grab my wrist. I turned back to Vampire and he breathed, "I'll always protect you. You have my word."

I didn't speak as I subconsciously squeezed his hand before we let go; how long was I standing there? And when did our hands intertwine while we're staring at each other? I Knew the entire bar staff and patrons were staring at us and I strangely didn't care. Was I falling in love with this very sexy, unnamed Southern vampire? Probably, but I did know one thing. In the very short time I knew this vampire, I was starting to fall in love with him and I wanted to get to know this strange love. And I knew whatever happened, I was slowly gaining a vampire's love.