David Bowie X Kayla Request

Requested by the lovely rebelrebelstardust12 (now JoePerrysBrat) hope you like it!

One would think that going to a David Bowie concert would get everyone happy and hyper and loving life, right? Wrong! Kayla was a girl who loved more classical music, not so much rock and roll, or even glam rock, for that matter! But one day, her life permanently changed.

She was walking through the busy streets of her hometown in England when she heard someone running behind her. She turned around and saw her mother following her and waving something over her head that looked like paper. It wasn't until she got closer to Kayla that she saw the pieces of paper were tickets to some kind of concert. Kayla's mother finally stopped in front of her and said, "Finally, Kayla, I've been looking for you everywhere! You need to come home now and help me get ready!"

Kayla's eyebrow raised as she watched her mom babble on about this "magical" concert that she and you were going to. Wait, what did she just say to Kayla? She was going to a concert with her mother? She then said, "Whoa whoa whoa, slow down here for a second! Are you actually telling me that I'm going to a concert with you? We've NEVER done anything together since you started working for that publishing company and I've been in university, Mum! Why are we going out now?"

Mum scoffed, flipped her hair behind her, and answered, "We always go out together, darling. Don't be silly. And besides, I thought it was time for us to have some mummy-daughter time before your break's over and you have to go back to university. Is that so wrong?"

Kayla didn't know what to say after that. It wasn't like her mother to remember that she was on break from university or that she was going back to her studies in a week. What was up with her, and why was she being so nice? Kayla cautiously asked, "Ok, not that I'm complaining right now, but why're you doing this, Mum?"

She didn't say anything, only grabbed Kayla's hand and bolted down the busy streets and into all of the clothing shops that were open and that she wanted to go to before the mystery concert. They tried on all different kinds of outfits and talked about Kayla's university studies and about her mother's job and everything they could think of. It was as if nothing had changed between them, and Kayla loved it to pieces.

Le Timeskip to the Concert!

By the time the concert had started, Kayla was fuming for multiple reasons. Why? Reason number one) her mother neglected to mention that it was a David Bowie concert they were going to while they were shopping and reason number two) Kayla's mother knew that KAYLA DIDN'T LIKE DAVID BOWIE! It was something that Kayla was sure her mother got, but apparently not, since now they were in the middle of a giant crowd of screaming people listening to David perform, and there was nothing Kayla could really do about it, apart from watch the man of the hour on the stage performing some of his biggest hits.

But, as you were humming along to whatever song was playing, you turned and met the mismatched colored eyes of one of the biggest rock starts known to humanity. David Bowie, one of the biggest rock stars that your mother won't shut up about, was staring at you with his mesmerizing eyes that you instantly got lost in.

 David Bowie, one of the biggest rock stars that your mother won't shut up about, was staring at you with his mesmerizing eyes that you instantly got lost in