Why Do All Vampires Have Soulmates? (Godric x Reader)

Requested by the lovely MissAnime2016, so sorry that it's this late, I hope you'll forgive me! And I hope you like it! I'm basing this storyline on much of what happens during season two of TRUE BLOOD, just as a warning! And mild swearing and some smut that I will alert you lovelies to when it comes up as you get later in the one-shot. Anyway, stay beautiful, my lovelies!

Vampires. The things of our nightmares; the creatures that go BUMP! in the night and who drink our blood like we're their breakfast. And yet, they don't phase me one bit. Why? Because my best friend's dating a vampire, and she's not been killed by him yet, so they must be safe.

I'm Y/N Y/L/N, and I live in the tiny town of Bon Temps, Louisiana. When the vampires came "out of the coffin" two years ago, I wasn't at all surprised by it. I knew that there was something else going on around the nation when I'd turn on the TV and there'd be news stations talking about mysterious bites in Boston or in Los Angeles or anywhere else in the world. I don't have any powers, but I do know that there are people out there who can do some extraordinary things.

And my best friend is one of those people. Her name is Sookie Stackhouse, and she's dating a vampire named Bill Compton. And, well, here's where my real story begins.

I was walking home from work at Merlotte's one fine Tuesday night when I heard hissing and growling. Since vampires had come out of the coffin, I thought that it was just a vampire from down in Shreveport making a racket. As I was walking, I noticed that the growling was getting closer and closer to me. I yelled out into the night, "Hello? Who's there?"

Nothing, pure silence, which was eerie compared to all the sounds from the woodland animals in the area. Then howling. I didn't know what happened, but I started running for dear life, not looking back, only looking forward and shrieking like my life depended on it. When I saw my and Sookie's house come into view, I felt claws lash out and cut my back wide open, and I screamed bloody murder, thrashing and landing on my front. From there on, everything was blackness and sometimes white-hot pain.

When I woke up, I was lying face-down on a mattress-like thing in Fangtasia with no real memory of how I got there. Since I was still groggy, I could only make out a few faint voices. I think one of them was Sookie, while the other two were Bill and someone else. I slowly sat up and groaned, "What happened?"

Sookie was at my side in a second, gripping my hand and shaking from the apparent tears; she'd been crying for some time already, I could tell. She inhaled to try and calm herself down and then said, "You were scratched by something huge and with big claws. We...I thought you were dead! You weren't waking up, and I thought that whatever had attacked you had killed you!" She squeezed my hand and then said, "But you're alive! Thank God you're alive!"

Bill added, "Whatever scratched you poisoned you on impact. We couldn't give you vampire blood to heal you, and you weren't really responding well to the treatment."

Blond Vampire chimed in, "So we combined them to make a super-antidote for you. And now you're alive, well, and probably hungry."

Now that he mentioned it, I was getting pretty hungry. To add to the fact, my stomach growled rather loudly, signaling that it wanted food. I blushed as a human girl probably twenty-nine or thirty ran over with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some chips. I took the plate, smiled my thanks, and gulped the sandwich down and the chips. Everyone around me, human and vampire, were laughing. I looked at them and said, "What? I'm really hungry, sue me!"

Sookie laughed and then Blond Vampire stared at her like he was studying her. I heard Bill mumble under his breath, "They are not going with you to Dallas, Eric, and that's final."