Tomoe x Female God Reader Oneshot

This oneshot was requested by my brain to make a reality, I hope you like it! This is going to be my first oneshot for Kamisama Kiss, so I apologize if I get personalities wrong, lovely readers. And I used a line from the actual anime in the oneshot, so if you see it, feel free to mention it in comments! It may be triggering to some people, and if it is, I also would like you to please tell me in my private messages and I'll fix it the second it becomes a problem. You have my word on that as the writer of this book and of all my other books on this site both present and future. Now, I think we're ready, so let's get to it!

Y/N's POV

I never want to be the goddess of love. But it didn't matter to Lord Okuninushi that I was a love goddess and busy with my own shit as long as I helped a small land goddess figure out her love life. Who is that land goddess? Nanami Momozono, a once normal high school student. And this is the story of how I fell hard for her yokai familiar, Tomoe.

I started up the many steps towards Mikage Shrine and muttered, "When I get back to Izumo, Okuninushi, you're gonna regret the day I set you and Otohiko up."

"And why is that, Y/N?" the aforementioned Otohiko asked from almost twelve inches in front of me. I yelped and he chuckled while saying, "You didn't answer my question."

"You don't deserve and answer, Otohiko. All I'll say is I'm going to do what I set out to do and go home," I declared and headed up the steps. Otohiko, however, wasn't having any of my dismissal and followed me up the stairs. I sighed after ten steps and asked him, "Can I help you?"

Otohiko countered, "What're you planning on doing, Y/N?"

I didn't answer at first due to Otohiko staring right through me. Sometimes, I really hated that he was a wind god. When he kept staring at me, clearly wanted an answer, I said, "Your boyfriend apparently wants me to help Nanami Momozono set her human friend up with a tengu idol. And you cannot interfere in this plan."

"Oh, come on! I can't do anything right now, Y/N!" Otohiko whined and I giggled at how childish he could be. He added, "Besides, the human land god appears to be leaving her post today."

I followed Otohiko's pointer finger and saw the aforementioned land god leaving the shrine with her two familiars, Mizuki and the aforementioned fox yokai, Tomoe. None of them seemed to notice or care that I was there waiting for them, so I smiled and told Otohiko, "It appears that your boyfriend underestimated Miss Nanami Momozono. Neither she nor her familiars know I'm here to help her friend." However, just as I said that, Nanami stopped walking and turned to where I stood now alone on the shrine's steps. I growled at the air, "The next time you have love problems, Otohiko, solve them yourself."

"Ma'am, who're you talking to?" a little voice asked me from directly in front of me. I registered who the face was and saw a young boy with a large eye on a mask studying me. I smiled, waved at him, and he asked me before I spoke, "Are you a worshipper coming to the Mikage shrine?"

I shook my head and answered, "I'm here to help a Nanami Momozono set her friend up with some tengu idol. Lord Okuninushi in Izumo sent me."

"It can't be!" I heard Tomoe gasp while the land god, her familiars, and the ghost boy stared at him. When he stood before me, Tomoe asked me, "Why're you here, Y/N?"

"Who're you and why don't I know you?" Nanami also asked me with her purse dangling on her shoulder. No one spoke and she told Tomoe, "Tomoe, tell me who she is."

Tomoe didn't answer and I didn't blame him for being shell shocked to see me. The last time he did see me, Mikage was in the shrine to introduce us. Tomoe and I were fairly civil then if I recall, but after that encounter, I hadn't had a reason to return to the shrine and see him. That and I was also avoiding Tomoe, but who's keeping track? The aforementioned Tomoe answered, "S-She's the Goddess of Love."

The other familiar-he looked familiar to me-stared at me and asked after a few moment, "Y/N? What're you doing here?"

I turned to them and answered, "Lord Okuninushi told me you needed help with something regarding love and a tengu, Nanami Momozono. Didn't I just say that?"

"I think you did, girl."

"He/She Guy!" Nanami yelled while pointing right at Otohiko. (A/N: I don't normally put author's notes in the middle of a one-shot anymore, but I have to do so in this instance. This is a direct line from the anime of Kamisama Kiss when Nanami meets Otohiko. If this offends anyone, then I'm truly so sorry for offending you; that was never my intention at all. Please feel free to PM me with your issues regarding this one-shot if you have any and I'll correct it immediately. You all are amazing human beings and I'm proud to know each and every one of you. I send all the hugs your way wherever you are, and you all are important.)

Before Otohiko retorted, I held my hand up and stated, "Enough! I think Nanami and I need to talk alone." I held out a hand to her and asked, "Don't you agree?"

However, before she replied, Tomoe took my hand and said, "I'll talk with you for Nanami. She's still learning how to be a real land god." I cocked an eyebrow at him and he said, "Come on."

Before I could answer, Tomoe dragged me down the many steps I'd previously climbed up to get to Nanami. As I stumbled down the stairs, I asked Tomoe, "You and I both know that Nanami can talk to me on her own. So why are you really tugging me all the way down these stairs?" He didn't answer, and I growled at his back, "Fucking tell me why you're taking me down these blasted stairs!"

"Because I missed you!" Tomoe yelled back at me when we got halfway down the steps. I stared at his back and he inhaled while standing up straight, saying with his back turned, "It's true that Nanami summoned you from Izumo. BUt it wasn't for one of her friends as you were told, Y/N." My heart stopped when I registered what he was getting at and Tomoe finally looked at me; what was the face he was making? I only saw those lovesick eyes when I was helping two lovers get together. Why did Tomoe have those eyes? Tomoe rubbed the back of his neck and stated, "I asked Okuninushi through Nanami to bring you to Mikage Shrine."

"Why'd you do that, Tomoe? Who do you need me to set you up with?" I asked him while he sat down on the steps we'd just descended. Tomoe didn't answer and I asked again, "What's on your mind, Tomoe?"

When I thought Tomoe would answer, he instead cupped my face and brought it closer to his own. My heart was racing and I didn't know if I could keep containing myself. It also didn't help that I too had fallen in love with the fox demon. Tomoe, when our foreheads were resting together, whispered, "I vowed to never love again. But you made me break that vow, Lady Y/N."

I didn't know how to respond for a good two seconds while we somehow traversed the rest of the steps down Mikage shrine. The minutes my foot touched concrete again, I whispered, "Mikage's gonna kill me for this."

Tomoe turned to me and asked, "Why? What did you do to make him think that?" He'd stood directly in front of me and cupped my cheeks, making me look directly into his gorgeous eyes. This fox was going to be the death of me and I didn't think he knew that.

I kissed the side of his cheek and answered, "He told me I shouldn't fall in love with you because you'd get hurt. And here I've gone and disobeyed him."

Tomoe stared at me and then laughed out loud, which wasn't how I thought he'd respond when I shared that news. I cocked an eyebrow at him and he told me, "Don't worry about Mikage, I'll deal with him. And you didn't hurt me at all because I love you too."

My eyes were the size of saucers and I didn't know how to answer Tomoe for a few moments. He loved me? Tomoe actually loved little old me?! What did I do to deserve this honor? Not that I'm complaining. What I was going to complain about was the fact that I couldn't tell Tomoe was in love with me. And I was the fucking goddess of love, so I should've seen that! Tomoe stared at me and I said, "I love you, Tomoe, regardless of what Mikage says."

Tomoe beamed and before I could ask him what he was thinking, his lips were on mine and our bodies molded together like two missing puzzle pieces finally coming together. Nothing else mattered at that moment and when we pulled away, a voice yelled, "Tomoe finally made his move!"

We pulled apart and I blushed while Tomoe went over to yell at I think Mizuki, Nanami's other familiar. I couldn't stop the laughter leaving my throat and grabbed Tomoe's hand, squeezing it to try and calm him down. It surprisingly worked since Tomoe stopped yelling almost immediately when I squeezed his hand. After doing that, I looked at the sky and said, "This is a fantastic day."