Richard Madden x Female! Reader Oneshot

Two updates in one day/night, people! I wanted to write a oneshot for Richard Madden when I wrote the oneshot with Taron Egerton, so here that one is for your faces! This second update is also a holiday present for you as well; I'm going back to my roots of multiple updates in one day for the holidays! There will be more coming, and I don't have a set schedule as to when that is, so bear with me on that, my lovely readers :) I'll have a more length author's note sometime after this one explaining what'll happen. Now, let's get to the story!

Y/N's POV

Doing makeup on film sets for a living sounds fun, right? Well, sometimes it is, since I get to spend time with my favorite makeup artists and friends while painting an actor's face on. However, when the actor who needs makeup is Richard Madden and he only sits in your chair, that can be very awkward. How do I know? I used to date Richard before we broke up and he started working on The Bodyguard. This is our story.

I entered the makeup trailer at 6:15 AM on a fine Monday morning to nobody needing anything done and I could comfortably eat; I normally had a ton of actors come in to get touch ups from a night shoot or are getting ready to shoot a daytime scene, so the quiet trailer was nice. Smiling to myself, I gulped some of my coffee and said to no one, "This is going to be a good day."

"Why's that?" a voice I hadn't heard in months asked from the trailer door I'd forgotten to shut and lock. Sometimes I forgot Richard's on this set as a member of the main cast.

Setting my half-full coffee cup in front of me, I stood up and answered, "Because I get to beat your face with makeup."

Richard chuckled and said, "Remind me to never wake you up on set."

"Was I dozing off?" I asked him as he walked fully into the trailer.

He nodded and answered, "A little bit."

I threw a beauty blender at him and hissed, "Watch it, Madden, or I'll turn you into Pennywise."

That got to him and Richard quickly sat in my chair while stating, "Sorry, love. I forgot how gorgeous and scary you are when you're angry." I blushed despite myself while he asked, "How many people do you have to work on this morning?"

I started priming his face and answered, "You and one other person, unless I got two more people added to my roster and I didn't know." Richard cocked an eyebrow at me and I said, "It happened on my first day."

Richard shut his eyes while I powdered underneath them and said, "That sucks. You only had one actor in Series One."

I nodded and said while getting powder for his nose, "Yeah, but I'm guessing a few more new actors were cast recently and I'll have to assign my team to them."

"You'll still be my principal makeup artist, right?" Richard asked while looking at the ceiling and I put eyeliner on his lower eyelid. Since we met on Game of Thrones and started dating, Richard and I were always together; I was his favorite makeup artist. And when we broke up, I was still his makeup artist, which was weird.

I looked at him and stopped beating his nose with the beauty blender. Richard had a valid point, that much I knew. But when I looked into Richard's eyes in the mirror, I saw the truth behind it. It took my head telling my heart to shut up for me to not fall in love with Richard Madden again. But I smiled at him regardless and said, "Yeah, I'll still be your makeup artist."

Richard smiled the same smile I'd fallen in love with years ago and stated, "Splendid! I'll make sure I won't lose you a second time!" I stopped prepping my materials when I heard that sentence and looked at Richard through the mirror, our eyes meeting and locking. What was he planning? I watched him stand and heard him say, "You're still as gorgeous as ever."

I blushed again and asked, "Are you flirting with me?"

He smirked and countered, "Is it working?" I didn't answer, but a third blush painted my face. Richard chuckled when he saw it, grabbed my shaking hand, and whispered in my ear, "I've never stopped loving you."

I tried to pull the hand he held away, but I weirdly couldn't do it. Richard had always been able to see through me no matter what walls I had up, so me trying to was fruitless. Why'd we break up again? I didn't know and while Richard held my hand, I fell hard and fast. Richard pressed his chest against my back and I whispered, "Me either, Richard. Although I tried, you were always in my heart."

He kissed my temple and said, "I love you so much, Y/N Y/L/N. And if you'll allow me, I'd love to take you out on a date after I finish filming."

When he asked me out, my racing heart stopped and I had to resist the urge to plant a kiss right on his lips. Was I ready to go out with Richard even though we work together? The short answer was hell yes, but with some caveats. My heart started beating again while I stated, "Break my heart again and I won't be your makeup artist."

He nodded quickly and said, "Wouldn't dream of it, my love." I blushed when he called me his love and let him cradle my face and turn it to face his. Our eyes shut while we leaned in and magic happened the moment our lips touched. Though Richard had me pinned against the makeup table, I cupped his face as best as I could and made a mental promise to never let Richard Madden go again.