Julian Edleman x Reader Request

Requested by countrychick_10 hope you like it!!!!

You were a cheerleader for the esteemed New England Patriots. Frankly, you were the best cheerleader on the squad. At least, that's what everyone thought about you. But one man thought very VERY highly of you, and he was your favorite player on the team.

His name? Julian Edelman, #11, wide receiver of the New England Patriots, and your secret crush since you couldn't remember when. You just loved everything about him, from his muscles to his gorgeous hair to his crystal clear blue eyes to his entire personality!!! You just loved everything about him.

And he loved everything about you. Every day since you first walked into the training building at Gillette Stadium, he knew it was love at first sight. Even when he was supposed to catch a ball that Tom Brady had thrown him and it hit him smack-dab in the middle of his forehead, Julian Edelman knew you were the girl for him, and he had to have you.

It was the day of the game. New York Jets versus New England Patriots and Gillette Stadium, and you were as nervous as could be. This was also the big day which you would finally buck up the courage to talk to your idol and your crush. Your cheerleader friend, Lizzy, saw you shaking in the locker room and asked, "Are you alright, girl? You're shaking like a leaf in a bad storm. Do you need to sit this one out?"

You stared at her like she was a crazy person. Sit this game out, your first game of the entire football season? No way in heck were you going to pass this game up! You looked at her and answered, "No, Lizzy, I'm fine. Just nervous, it being my first pro game and all. And I'm actually going to grow a pair, as the men say, and talk to Julian Edelman as well."

She squealed and said, "You go get him, girl! He wants you, you want him, there will be babies made by the summer, folks!"

You jumped up, put your hand over her mouth, and whisper-yelled, "Do you want the entire team to know?! Keep it down, will you? Please!"

Lizzy nodded and scurried off, but not before poking her head back into the locker room and saying, "Oh, just to let you know, your crush is outside the door, itching to talk to you. See you on the field!"

You ran to the door, trying to catch her, but when you flung the door open, you met a muscular chest and padding and your butt met the floor. The man whom you'd run into stuck his hand out to you and said, "Oh my God, I'm so sorry! Here, let me help you!"

You gratefully took the outstretched hand and said, "It's fine. I'm a klutz anyway, it was bound to happen. At least it happened here and not on the field." You hadn't looked up to thank the man who you'd run into. When you did, however, you were starstruck. There he was, Julian Edelman, standing right in front of you, holding your hand. The only words your shocked brain could produce were, "Y-You're Julian Edelman."

He nodded, chuckled, and said, "In the flesh. I wanted to come and meet the pretty girl who'd kept staring at me at every practice leading up to this game. She has captured my attention and I want to get to know her better. Do you happen to know this woman, fair lady?"

You giggled and answered, "Why yes, sir, I do know this girl. Her name is Y/N L/N, and she is one of the many cheerleaders for the New England Patriots." You giggled again while he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. There was a pregnant pause before you said, "Thank you for helping me off of the floor earlier."

Julian smiled and said, "Don't mention it. A pretty girl like yourself should not have to sit on the dirty floor all the time."

You blushed pink and said, "You flatter me, Mr. Edelman."

He laughed heartily, held his arm out to you once he'd calmed down, and asked, "May I walk you out onto the field? And maybe after that, take you out to dinner to get to know you better?"

You took his arm, still blushing bright red, and answered, "You may do both, Mr. Edelman." He smiled, you grabbed your pom-poms from the bench, and the two of you walked out onto the field, chatting and talking all the while as if you two were old friends. The one and only thing going through your mind as you walked was, Best. Day. Ever!

A/N: I hope you like it, countrychick_10! Let me know what you think of it down in the comments section! And to all my lovely readers out there, thank you so much for voting and reading this book and any of my other stories, I greatly appreciate it! If you have a request for either this book or any of my other stories, then feel free to either message me, leave a comment here, or on my page with your request, and I will get to writing! Thank you ever so much, and stay beautiful, my lovelies!
-T-Lizzo