Tom HiddlestonxReader One Shot

This one-shot was not requested, but I watched the movie High Rise yesterday and wanted to write a little something for this lovely actor for your faces, so I hope you all enjoy it! Let's get to it!

Y/N's POV

Waking up alone sucks, that much I knew. And when my boyfriend is out of town filming a new movie and I can't get to set for whatever reason makes it that much harder for me to get up. I know that I shouldn't be moping around as much as I am, but I missed him, and it was easy to miss my gentle giant of a boyfriend. Who am I talking about? I'm talking about the famous British actor, Tom Hiddleston. He and I started dating on the set of Avengers, and from there, I am proud to say that it's been three years of pure unadulterated bliss between us.

That is until Tom has to go off to a set in another country to shoot. Then I'm a sad puppy waiting for him to come home almost every day. Though I am a bestselling writer and my second book is still in the works, I can never seem to work on it when Tom's not with me helping me. I know, it's probably a bit sad, but when your man is gorgeous and has a sexy accent, you'd be the same way too! Anywho, I'm digressing, let's get back to me hating waking up alone.

I yawned when the sun graced me with its unwelcomed presence and grabbed my phone from my nightstand, checking the time and seeing that I had a call with my publisher in close to fifteen minutes. Flopping back onto my side of the bed, my publisher called and I answered, "What? It's 8:00 in the morning, man! I would love to sleep until at least 8:30 before I have to work."

My publisher, Michael Nichols, countered, "That may be true, but you have edits due tomorrow on your current manuscript that you haven't finished and I wanted to check in on you to see if you were going to grace the world with your presence and maybe get coffee with me."

I sighed, slowly sat up, and said, "Give me ten minutes to make myself look human. And then I'll come to get coffee with you." He didn't answer and I asked, "You broken or something, man? You're scaring me."

He smiled on the other end and answered, "I'd come down here anyway, kid. Someone needs to see you and possibly a bathroom, but mostly you." And with that, he hung up. I slowly got out of bed against my will, put on Tom's robe because I could, and slowly trudged downstairs with my cell phone in hand. When I got to the last step, I heard, "Hurry up, woman! We're dying out here!" Of course, Michael would be dramatic this early in the morning, but why would he say "we"?

"I'm coming! God, man, keep your pants on!" I yelled as I slowly made my way to the front door, which I had locked to keep out any intruders. When I opened it, the man behind it stopped my heart as he always does. Tom smiled at me, waved, and I gasped, "I must be dreaming still. Tom, you're back!"

He chuckled and said, "I got an earlier flight and I missed you, my love. I couldn't keep it to myself, so your publisher helped me get here on time." It was then that I saw Michael carrying Tom's bags up the steps and smiling like a mad man when I appeared; I made a mental note to throttle him when I was more awake. Tom kept smiling as he asked, "Are you going to let me in, Y/N? He wasn't kidding about me having to use the restroom."

I stepped aside, Tom rushed upstairs to the bathroom, and I whispered to Michael as he walked in, "Remind me to kick you in your man parts when I'm more awake." He set Tom's bags down and smiled as he turned to his car. I waved goodbye to him and shut the door just as Tom descended the staircase and met my eyeballs. When he got to the penultimate step, I launched myself at him and attached to him like a leech, wrapping my legs around him and burying my face into his neck. I heard him giggle as I mumbled, "I missed you so much. I can't believe you're here!"

Tom held my butt as he stepped off the stairs and sat down on our couch, rubbing my back and smiling into my neck and hair. He then said, "I miss you too, my darling Y/N. I'm so glad to be home with you." I smiled and we stayed like that for the majority of the day catching up on what we'd missed and kissing A LOT. One could argue that I got no work done because I was busy with my man, and they'd be right. I was happy and in love and my book waited until tomorrow for me to work on it, which I wasn't mad about in the least since Tom was home and I could spend however many days with him for the foreseeable future until he had to go and do press, but that was a later problem. For now, it was time for me and Tom to love each other forever and maybe make a mess of our house, which we did and loved every second of it.