PS: I Still Love You

*Backstory*

Bakugou met (Y/n) when they began UA.
She was obviously in a different class and he didn't see her except for at lunch.
They ate two tables away from each other.
She had heard plenty about the explosion boy and soon developed a small crush on him, despite his cocky and arrogant personality.
He didn't take any note of her, except when they had lunch.
They made eye contact many times.
It wasn't until she approached him near the end of the year that he knew anything about her.
"I know you have no interest in me, seeing as how you care only about yourself, but I want to go on a date." She informs, hands on her hips.
She realized she'd have to be confident and make the first move if she wanted to get his attention.
The blonde smirks and crosses his arms. "A date huh? I guess I'm free this Saturday night. What did you have in mind?"
"The amusement park seems appropriate. Unless you would rather have a training date. That also seems appropriate seeing as how you train nearly 24/7."
Bakugou growls. "The amusement park is fine. Meet me there at five."

After a few dates he decided to make them official.
She was so happy.
Although he wouldn't admit it out loud, he was happy too.
They grew close over a two year time period.
It took him a while to fully open up but once he did she finally had the courage to say the L word.
Unfortunately it couldn't have come at a worse time.
They graduated from UA and began work as pros.
Bakugou needed to decide if he wanted to be the number one hero, or at least try to beat Deku, or strengthen their relationship.
He never thought he'd have to choose between them.
But the moment she said 'I love you' he panicked.
He left without saying a word.
When she came back to their apartment and found his stuff gone she was heartbroken. She didn't know what to say or think.
Her friends were supportive and comforted her.

A week after he left she came to realize he probably needed some time. She felt selfish for not even considering his feelings when she said those three words.
Even for the years that they were dating he was still new and shy to the dating scene.
So he probably wasn't ready to say them.
She smiled as she took a deep breath and whispered. "I'll wait for you Katsu."
She changed her voicemail and went about life as if nothing was wrong.
Her friends were confused but went along with it. They even tried to hook her up with some people but she always refused and politely declined the dates.

*Nearly A Year Later*

Bakugou pulls on his hair as he sits on his parent's couch. "I'm such an idiot. I can't be number one, I'm too weak. And now I've probably lost her too. I shouldn't have left her. I should've tried to compromise. I need her."
"Katsuki stop being such a brat and call her. Win her back." Mitsuki smacks her son's head and smirks.
"Shut up old hag. I can't! It's almost been a year. Obviously she's moved on. Probably got a new guy, or maybe she got a girlfriend. I have no chance of getting her back."
"How would you know if you don't talk to her? Explain what happened." The blonde woman responds, hands on her hips.
Katsuki sighs and looks at his phone. "Fine."

He walks to his room and sits on his bed. He scrolls through his contacts and prays this is still her number.
After three rings he hears a familiar voice.
"If you're calling about that CD, you can pick it up whenever. If this is Tuesday night I'm with my girls. If you've got something to sell I'm not buying, tuff luck bitch. Anyone else leave a message after the beep. And PS: if this is Lord Explosions Murder, I still love you."
The blonde drops his phone, also ending the call at the same time. He can't believe what he heard.
She still loves me? He thinks to himself. But why? I left her without saying anything. I...
His thoughts trail off as his eyes squeeze shut.
He nearly breaks his phone, but manages not to smash it.

A few days later he calls again.

"If it's Friday night I'm doing hero work. If it's Saturday I'm with my parents, but I'll call you back when I get home Sunday night. And PS: if this is Lord Explosion Murder, I still love you."
This time Bakugou leaves his number but hangs up right after.
He takes a deep breath and looks at the clock.

The late night patrol seemed to drag on, even with Kirishima there to lift his spirits.
"She'll call you back I promise bro. If you explain she's got to take you back."
"I fucked up Kiri. Just because her voicemail says she still loves me doesn't mean it's true. It's probably old and she was too lazy to update it."
"Well call me Monday and tell me what happened."
"Whatever shitty hair." The blonde grumbles.
The redhead waves as he walks away.
Bakugou shoves his hands in his pocket as he walks home.

Sunday night Bakugou takes a walk through an empty park.
His hands are in his coat pockets, trying to stay warm.
His phone rings and he pulls it out.
(Y/n)'s name flashes and tears stream down his cheeks without him realizing.
"If you're calling about my heart it still belongs to you. I wish I would've listened to it in the first place. Can you tell? This is Lord Explosion Murder, and I love you too."
Audible crying comes from the other end of the line.
"Katsu I love you so much. I'm sorry I didn't take your feelings into consideration."
"Shut up dumbass. It was my fault. I chose being the number one hero over you. And now that I can't be number one I thought I lost everything."
The girl sniffles. "You'll never lose me Katsu. Please come back home. I need you to hold me and never let go."
He smirks and wipes his face. "You got it Teddy Bear."
They hang up and he quickly runs to their apartment.

When she lets him in he immediately kisses her.
She blushes and it takes a moment to snap out of her shock to kiss back.
He holds her waist as she plays with his hair. He carries her to their bed and holds her close.
(Y/n) buries her face in his chest. "I love you," she whispers.
"I love you more." He whispers back.