Come Back

"I'm not so sure we should do that Katsu. Mom and dad will yell at me."
"Come on (n/n). It'll be fun. Don't be a wuss." The blonde boy cheers.
The little girl smiles and runs after him. "Ok!"
The two hold hands and they walk in the park. They walk toward a familiar tree and start climbing.
"Are you sure it's safe Katsu?"
"As long as you're ahead of me I can catch you if you fall."
"Ok!" She cheers and climbs to the middle of the tree.
The blonde stops and smirks. "See! This is awesome."
The (h/c) blushes and looks down. "Yeah," she whispers embarrassed.
Bakugou looks at her and smiles widely.

"Come on (Y/n) stop being so embarrassed over everything. It's so annoying. You have to be cool and confident, like me."
"I can't help it. I'm not cool or confident."
"Yes you are!" He yells and his hands spark.
The girl jumps away from him. She blushes at his words and looks down. "I-I can try."
"How about this: repeat after me. Everything I say, you say."
(Y/n) smiles and nods. "Let's try it."
"I am strong and my quirk is powerful." Bakugou says, sticking his chest out.
(Y/n) puts her hands on her hips and puffs out her own chest.
The blonde blushes slightly.
"I am strong and my quirk is...my quirk is powerful." She falters at the end but manages.
"And I'll kill anyone who says otherwise." The blonde smirks evilly.
The girl's eyes widen. "Katsu I can't kill people. That's not what heroes do."
"Heroes save people. They don't care what others think and they do it because it's right. Just like All Might!"
(Y/n) cheers at the mention of the #1 hero.
The two laugh softly.

"Hey (Y/n) are you ok? I heard about your mom dying."
The girl cries softly into her pillow.
The blonde boy crawls into his friend's bed and holds her. "Heroes don't cry. They keep smiling, even in the face of death or defeat."
(Y/n) sniffles and wipes her face. "Do you really think I can be a hero Katsu?"
"Hell yeah! You and I are gonna be the coolest heroes. I'll be #1 and you'll be #2."
The girl smiles and nods. "Ok."
Soon her smile disappears again. "What should I do about the kids who tease me?"
"I'll explode their faces! Who makes fun of you?" He yells, sitting up and his hands sparking.
(Y/n) eyes widen. "Please don't blow up my room Katsuki!" She yells sitting up too.
The boy sighs and looks down. "I'll kill them," he whispers.
(Y/n) smiles and leans into him, knowing he cares.

"Get outta my way extra." (Y/n) yells, hands in her pockets and she gets in the face of the guy in her way.
The guy scoffs and leans over her. "Extra huh? I think you're in my way shorty."
(Y/n) growls and uses her quirk against him.
Bakugou laughs as he watches. "That's it (n/n)! Such a badass."
(Y/n) smirks and walks over to her friend. "Shut up extra." She whispers and walks away.
The blonde growls and uses his quirk to move in front of her. "Don't get cocky you little shit. I am not an extra. I'm gonna be the #1 hero."
"Not if I get there first." She whispers and walks away.
Bakugou stands there surprised and confused. Slowly he turns to watch her leave.
She's never acted like that before. Did she really change that fast? Or did something happen?

"I got in through recommendation Katsu. That means I'm already better than you. How does it feel to be the one chasing after me?"
"(Y/n) what happened to you?"
"I kept repeating the phrase you gave me, and now I can believe it. I am cool and confident. Nothing bothers me and I will be the #1 hero. Maybe you can be my #2."
"I will be #1! You won't pass me extra." He smirks and his hands spark.
"Kacchan please don't use your quirk against (l/n)-Chan." Izuku mumbles.
"Shut up you damn nerd."
What the two fail to notice, is just how fake her confidence is.
It's just a facade she puts on.
She hoped it would make Bakugou happy, seeing her overcome her embarrassment.
At some point something changed.
If she wanted to be happy she would have to keep chasing him. So she decided to make him chase her.
Being just as cocky and cool as him.
But then Izuku brought her back.
"Kacchan is so cool! I don't think anyone can be as great as him."
The more she thought about it, the more she realized he was right.
Everything about her was fake.
How could she call herself a hero if she was just fake?

"Hey uh Bakugou where is (l/n)? She's your neighbor right?" Denki asks his blonde friend.
"I haven't seen her or her father for a week. She probably just got sick."
"I'll bring her some medicine." Izuku informs, finger raised.
"I heard some kids in the other classes have been bashing her. Do you think it finally got to her?" Jiro comments.
"She's too cocky so of course stuff like that doesn't bother her." Kirishima responds and smirks. "She's so manly."
"I'll check out her place after school." Bakugou informs.
"I'll come with." Izuku pipes in. "I'll give her my notes."
"Damn nerd," Katsuki mumbles.

"Hey extra! Open the door before I blow it down." The blonde yells.
The green haired boy sighs. "Then you'd have to pay to get it replaced."
"Shut up you damn nerd!"
Midoriya bends down and grabs the spare key from the flower pot. "Let's just use the key."
Katsuki rolls his eyes. "Whatever. I wanna be in and out quickly."
The short boy unlocks the door, placing the key back where it belongs.
"We're coming in (n/n)." The blonde yells as he walks inside.
Everything looks the same as the last time he was over.
Although looking into the father's room, Izuku's eyes widen.
"Kacchan," he whispers.
Bakugou pushes past the boy and gasps softly.
The father lays in his bed, blood splattered against the pillow and blankets.
Katsuki's eyes widen as he pushes Izuku out of his way and runs to (Y/n)'s room.

Upon seeing the girl on the ground Katsuki's heart races more than it already is.
He runs to her side and checks for a pulse. When he finds none everything comes crashing down.
Izuku had followed and now witnesses his friend scream in agony.
Katsuki holds his friend to his chest and cries loudly.
The green haired boy is shocked and didn't know what to do. He could only watch as his friend showed weakness.
"Come back!" He yells.
Deku calls an ambulance and gives them their address.
The blonde starts pushing on the girl's chest and tries mouth to mouth. "You're not allowed to die on me! We're supposed to be heroes dammit."
"Kacchan please stop. The paramedics will be here soon."
"Shut up Izuku! There's no blood. That means there's still a chance."

A few moments later two paramedics rush in and try to restart her heart.
Unfortunately they were unsuccessful.
Midoriya walks over to his friend and puts his hand on his friend's shoulder.
To his surprise the blonde hugs him suddenly.
Bakugou cries into Izuku's shoulder.
Midoriya rubs his back and lets him cry. "I'm sorry," he whispers.
"Come back," Katsuki whispers into his shoulder.