Bully

"Roses are red, Violets are blue, I know you want me dead, but I really like you."
"Uh (Y/n) what kind of Valentines poem is that? The guy you like wants you dead?!" My best friend questions loudly.
I look at the green haired boy and blush. "He wants everyone dead, or at least says he does. I-I like Kacchan." I whisper, looking around to confirm no one was around to hear me.
"Kacchan? You like him?" Izuku asks loudly once again.
I gasp and cover his mouth. "Be quiet Izu. I know he's a bully and he's cocky but...oh I don't know. I'm sorry. I know he'll never like me back. I'm just a quirkless extra like you and everyone else."
Izuku looks down. "I don't mean to say you can't like him. That's not my business. You can like whoever you want."
"I just wish he wasn't so mean to you. He can bully me all he wants but you're my friend. I don't like seeing you upset."
"Don't worry about me. Soon I'll be a hero and I'll be able to protect you from everything."
I laugh softly at his standing declaration.
"You have such a wonderful laugh and smile. I wanna protect those."
I blush more and look down. "I'll just put from anonymous and put it on his desk with the chocolate."
He smiles and nods. "That's probably for the best."

The next day, Valentine's Day, I put the small card and chocolate box on the explosive boy's desk before anyone else got to class.
Izuku walks in and smiles. He waves and I wave back.
We sit in our seats and wait.
Katsuki soon arrives and walks to his desk. He grabs the box first and takes a piece out. He rolls his eyes and eats it.
The card soon peaks his interest and he picks it up.
He sits down as he reads it.
Soon it's engulfed in flames.
My heart shatters as I watch.
I look at Izuku but he was already looking at me.
If you asked me why this upset me so much I wouldn't be able to give you an answer.
He hates quirkless people and I know that. So it shouldn't come as a surprise that he would reject the ridiculous card.
I look down at my notebook and go about a normal day.
A couple people come up and give me chocolate though.

Once the bell rings for the end of the day I was slow to pack my bag.
"Do you wanna meet up later (n/n)?"
"Sure Izu."
"Hey extra!" A familiar voice calls.
In the empty classroom his booming voice sounded louder in my ears.
I look over, along with my best friend.
"What do you want Kacchan?"
The blonde smirks.
This was the beginning of the end. The first time I heard Katsuki Bakugou tell me to jump.
"Maybe you'll have a quirk in the next life."
Tears water my eyes.
I had been used to his bullying but never had he told me to kill myself.
Valentine's Day is supposed to be about expressing your love for those you care about.
All he had was hatred for the world.
"Don't listen to him (n/n). We can become strong heroes and we'll show him." Izuku whispers rubbing my back. "Let's go back to my house ok?"
"Actually Izu I have to go home. I totally forgot mom wanted me to watch my brother tonight. Date night remember?"
"Oh yeah! I'm sorry (Y/n). Maybe tomorrow?"
I give him a fake smile and nod. "Of course. I can't wait."
He jogs off as we wave.
I collapse onto the ground and cry softly.

Every insult and physical abuse from Katsu and my parents run through my mind.
I never told Izuku about my parents because I didn't want him to know.
Unfortunately the blonde found out when he was walking past my house.
I used to think he was acting like that because he was trying to motivate me, but then he came out and told me that wasn't the reason.
He hates me and this death threat was the final nail in the coffin.
My coffin.
I quickly take out my notebook and rip out a page. I stuff my book back in my bag and grab a pencil.

All of my feelings and pent up emotions flow out through my pencil. I nearly tore the page a couple times.
By the time I finish the sun is setting.
I stuff my pencil in my bag and stand up.
The note is shoved into my pocket as I wipe my face.
I walk out of the classroom and begin running.
No destination in mind and I didn't care if people looked at me strange.
More tears stream down my face as I bump into a couple people.
As I run through a park I bump into a certain blonde and my note falls out of my pocket.
I don't stop, but increase in speed and my cries get louder.