Dinner Is On Me

(Y/n) leans against a tree in the park, holding a book but she's not really paying attention to what she's reading.
The sad expression on her face would make any passerby think she's reading a sad novel, which isn't the case at all.
Quite the opposite actually, it's a love story.
One where the two main characters meet in high school and fall in love at college.
She hoped she could have a life like the shoujo manga she read, but luck wouldn't have it.
In her case, she never liked any of her classmates romantically.
Most of them were pervs.
Some of the guys she saw in town were cute but she never saw any of them again or they were taken.

(Y/n) sets her book next to her and brings her knees to her chest.
Soft cries go unheard due to the lack of people in the park at this hour, 2 am.
The only way she could read was the lamp post nearby.
If she were caught she'd get in trouble with the local hero doing patrol, that's why she kept herself quiet.
At her age her peers were getting married and having children yet here she is single and lonely.
She wanted a nice guy and children, she has for a while.
Her job paid fine and if she dated a hero they would be well off.
"Why can't I find love?" She cries softly.

"Hey! Do you know what time it is? You can't be here extra." A loud man yells.
(Y/n) looks up quickly as a blonde man walks over. She quickly grabs her book and wipes her face with her sleeve.
"Were you crying? Did someone hurt you? Do I need to blow a villain up?"
His hands spark as he looks around then back at the woman.
She shakes her head quickly. "I-it wasn't a villain. I'm sorry sir. I was just reading because it's quiet here."
"Why don't you read at home?"
(Y/n) frowns looking down. "It's too quiet there."
This confused the hero but he shakes his head.
"It's late. I'll escort you home. Tch."
As he grabs her arm she jumps slightly.
This causes him to pull away. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Are you ok?"
"I-I'm ok." She whispers and holds her book close to her chest.

Bakugou notices the title and recognizes it. "Have you finished the book yet? It's pretty predictable but it's a decent read."
The girl was shocked to know he read it. "I'm almost done. It's kinda the reason I was crying. As stupid as it sounds, I was jealous of their relationship. I've only ever had one boyfriend, back in middle school and it only lasted two months."
The hero nods in understanding.
"I'm sorry. You don't care about me or my ridiculous emotions. I know it's stupid."
"Don't say that. Your emotions matter, what you feel matters. Don't ever let anyone push your feelings away. Do you hear me?"
She didn't know how to feel due to him asking her those questions angrily.
It was like he was yelling at her but still trying to make her feel better.
He clenches his fist and looks away. "Whatever extra." He whispers when she doesn't say anything.
"What is your hero name? I don't really keep up with the news or hero stuff. Sorry if you're popular."
"I'm (hero name), the number (#) hero." He responds smirking and his hands spark.
(Y/n) smiles softly. "That's cool. I've always wanted to meet a top hero in person. I'm (Y/n). Not that you care. Although it's better than extra."
Bakugou blushes and looks away. "Whatever extra," he grumbles.
The woman pouts cutely as they walk.

Soon they arrive at her apartment building.
"Do you think you can manage from here?" The blonde asks, hands on his hips.
"I didn't really need your assistance home. I have a portal quirk."
"Fucking extra! I was on patrol and you made me waste my time. I could've taken down some villains."
(Y/n) looks down sadly and clutches her book. "I'm sorry." She whispers, making a portal and quickly runs into it.
Guilt immediately washes over the hero as he watches her cry and disappear into the red portal.
He opens his mouth to apologize but the hole closes before he could say anything.
Incoherent grumbles escape his lips as he goes back to patrol.

Nearly a week later (Y/n) walks home from work due to it being nice outside.
The wind blows her hair and she tucks it behind her ear.
She sees a couple walking their baby on the other side of the street.
They look so happy.
When she looks back in front of her she sees two guys laughing, one has their arm around the other.
"Fate laughing in my face again," she whispers.
Bakugou grumbles as he walks down the street, wearing casual clothes. He sees the woman from the park across the street.

A trio of friends walks up to (Y/n).
"Oh hey (L/n). Long time no see."
The woman looks less than pleased to be conversing with these three.
It's not like they were friends in school.
"What have you been up to? Got a boyfriend yet?"
"You were always a loner in school. Unfortunately for you, you still look plain as hell. Maybe if you got a little sexier a guy would notice you."
The two men laugh and the third party, a girl, smirks at her buddies.
"Maybe if you put effort into your look and maybe if you didn't have a shit personality you could get, I don't know, that fat geek from tech. I'm sure he'd fall at your feet if you asked."
(Y/n) holds back tears as the three insult her more.
Bakugou growls as he realizes what's happening. Since becoming a hero the blonde couldn't stand bullying.

He walks over and wraps his arm around her waist. He nestles his nose in her hair.
(Y/n) jumps slightly but blushes when she notices who it is.
"Hey Teddy Bear. I'm glad I caught you. Dinner is on me tonight so let's hurry home."
(Y/n) looks from the hero to the trio.
"That's (hero name), the explosion hero." The main guy mumbles to his friends.
"You're dating him?" The girl asks.
"What's it to you fucking extras? I don't take kindly to people who shit-talk my Teddy Bear. I think I should start by exploding your face."
Bakugou's hand sparks, causing the three to run away.

(Y/n) looks away sadly. "Thanks I guess." She whispers and starts walking away.
"Wait ex-(Y/n)." He corrects and grabs her wrist.
The woman looks at the hero quickly.
"I wanted to...apologize, for before. I overreacted. I'm a hero and it's my job to help no matter what."
"You don't have to apologize. It's nothing. You were right...and so were they. I'm pathetic and I will probably die alone."
A portal appears but this time Bakugou stops her.
"Wait! I said dinner was on me, don't make me a liar too."
(Y/n) blushes deeply. "Dinner?"
"Shut up dumbass. I'm gonna make us dinner. You better have food in your apartment."
The (h/c) stutters but nods. She makes another portal and they go through.