Deaf

//I enjoy the idea of Bakugou going deaf because of his quirk. And I also love the Tik Tok of Aizawa learning Sign Langauge for him. So I put the two together. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did 😋

"Dammit," Bakugou whispers to himself as the doctor tells him the bad news.
"Fortunately for you young man, you have some great options for hearing aids if you want them. I assume by your reaction you don't want people to know. The latest pair can connect to your phone so you can turn the volume up or down from there instead of the aid itself. You kids are always on your phones nowadays anyways."
"Fine old man."
"It wouldn't hurt you learn sign either. If you keep on the path you're on, the hearing aids won't be able to help."
The young man frowns and looks at the man. "I'm gonna go completely deaf soon?"
The doctor nods sadly. "I hate to say it, but yes."
Bakugou holds back his tears as he nods. "Understood. I'll talk to the old hag about the hearing aids."
"And signing? I can recommend a few private tutors." The doctor offers but the blonde shakes his head.
"I'll teach myself. I don't have time for a tutor."
The man smiles and nods.

As the weeks go by Bakugou was getting more and more frustrated, mostly with himself.
It was harder than he thought.
Especially since the only sign he knew beforehand was lifting his middle finger.
His parents were supportive and offered to learn sign. They also swore not to tell anyone, that they'd let him do it when he was ready.
Mitsuki of course has words to say to her son, but she felt bad as well.

(Y/n) and Aizawa talk quietly as they walk to the 1-A classroom in the late afternoon. They notice the door is open slightly.
"I don't remember leaving it open. I wonder who's staying behind." (Y/n) informs.
The ravenette nods in agreement.
The two peak inside and see her blonde boyfriend.
"Dammit! Why is this so hard?" He growls and his hands spark.
The two watch the blonde confused.
"What is your boyfriend doing?" The teacher questions.
"I don't know. It looks like he's watching something."
The two listen closer to hear the video.
"How to sign simple things like, I'm hungry or I'm going to bed." The lady in the video says.
The two outside the door look at each other.
"Sign? Don't deaf people use sign?" The tall man asks.
(Y/n) nods and sighs softly as realization washes over her. "Damn," she whispers.
"What is it?" Shota asks.
"He had a doctor's appointment a few weeks ago. And then last week him and his mom went back. They must've told him he's going deaf because of his quirk."
The home room teacher frowns and looks at his student. He knew becoming a hero was difficult for the blonde, but he was getting better. "This must hurt." He whispers and the girl nods.
"This is definitely a huge set back."
"Let's leave him alone. We can come back later." Aizawa suggests and the girl agrees.

Later that night, when all the kids are asleep, Aizawa looks up videos of his own to study Sign.
The woman goes slow and explains in a way he could understand.
By the time he finally decided to go to bed he had a good grasp of the essentials.
Mic chuckles when Shota comes to bed. "You sure do care about your kids this year."
"They all have potential that's why. They all are working their asses off."
Mic nods in understanding. "That's true. They are pretty powerful. Bakugou is a hard head but he's trying to better himself."
"That's why I wanna do this. I'm positive he won't tell anyone for a while. He might even wait until he's actually gone deaf."
"At least he'll have you to communicate then."
"Oh he'll definitely try communicating in his normal yelling manner."
The blonde laughs and nods in agreement. "Yes he will. Does his little girlfriend know?"
The ravenette nods. "We found out together. I'm sure she's learning too. Although I think she knows some already."
Mic nods and closes his eyes again.
Soon they both fall asleep.

A few months later (Y/n) was walking past her boyfriend's desk to talk to Aizawa but something caught her attention.
She noticed his hearing aid slightly peeking out of his hair.
Izuku didn't seem to notice even though he sits behind him, so he's doing everything he can to hide them.
(Y/n)'s stomach sinks and she grips the teacher's desk.
"Are you ok?" Aizawa asks quietly, concerned for the girl.
"I...I'm gonna go see Recovery Girl," She whispers.
"Bakugou take (Y/n) to see Recovery Girl." The teacher orders.
The blonde looks up at his teacher then his girlfriend.
The girl looks away and starts walking toward the door.
The blonde holds her hand and helps her to the infirmary. "What happened?"
She shakes her head and remains silent.

Once they arrive the old woman gestures to an empty bed.
"Just rest dear. I'll check on you later."
(Y/n) nods then looks at her boyfriend.
He crosses his arms and glares at her.
Suddenly she couldn't hold back anymore.
Tears stream down her cheeks quickly and she covers her eyes with her arm.
His eyes widen in surprise. "What happened?"
"I'm your girlfriend right?"
"Of course but what does that have to do with anything?"
"Why haven't you told me then? You've known about your hearing for months. I had to find out by overhearing you listening to a video in the classroom. You're going deaf and you haven't told me yourself."
He was speechless, mouth open slightly.
She cries softly. "I love you and I thought you loved me. But why didn't you tell me this huge news?"
He looks down and squeezes his pants. "I'm sorry," he whispers. "I didn't want anyone to know because I don't want them to think I'm weak. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry."
"You aren't weak because you're deaf. You are so strong and no one would think less of you."
Deep down he knew that.
His classmates are very accepting.
"Mr. Aizawa and I even started to learn sign for you. He knew you'd still try yelling at everyone, but at least you could communicate with sign in a calm manner."
"I'm sorry." He whispers again.
She opens her arms and he hugs her tightly.
He buries his face in her neck. "I love you and I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
She smiles weakly and sniffles. She plays with his hair gently.
He holds her close and leans into her hand.
"Say it again. The L word." She requests.
He smirks and looks into her eyes. "I love you dumbass."
She giggles and nods. "I love you too deaf boy."
He growls and his hand sparks.
She blows on his explosion. "Not in the infirmary."
"I'll get you for that in training later." He threatens.
"I'd like to see you try beating me." She taunts back, smirking.