I Can't Hear You

(Y/n) laughs happily with the Bakusquad in the common room.
"Hey extra!" Bakugou yells from the kitchen.
Everyone looks at the blonde.
"Come here and help me dammit. If you want me to make this for you then come help."
His red eyes are locked with her (e/c) ones.
"I'm not getting up until you use my name in your indoor voice Katsuki." The girl closes her eyes and crosses her arms.
Bakugou growls and shoots an explosion at her.
She easily uses her quirk to transport the blast outside so no one would get hurt.
"Bakubro Mr. Aizawa told you no explosions inside the dorm." Kirishima mumbles and rubs the back of his neck.
"Shut up shitty hair."

"(Y/n) how do you deal with him? He's such a brute." Mina grumbles and crosses her arms.
The said girl smiles softly. "I know he's difficult but I know deep down he's a good person. He wants desperately to be a hero but his pride sometimes gets in the way. So I only have to see the good in him. He wouldn't actually hurt anyone unless they're a villain. I get on his nerves sometimes but that's only because it brings us closer. I don't roll over and take it, I'm just as sassy and smart-assy as him."
"I heard from Kirishima that Bakugou totally hates your guts. I can't tell if he hates you or Deku more."
(Y/n) smiles softly and shakes her head. "I'll take that as a compliment. He and Deku have known each other since childhood. They may fight but they understand one another. If I'm on that level I would be honored."

Bakugou growls as his hands spark. "Fight me dammit!" He yells and sends an explosion toward (Y/n).
She easily dodges, sending the blast back at him with her quirk.
He growls and just barely misses.
(Y/n) can see the gears turning in his head, trying to figure out how to beat her.
Their sparring sessions are always the highlight of her day.
Bakugou only continues to fight her because it's a much needed challenge.
Although she annoys the living hell out of him and he wanted nothing more than to shut her up.

"Hurry up and get out of my way extra!" Bakugou yells as his back bumps into (Y/n)'s.
"I can't hear you Katsu. You'll have to be louder than the rain!" (Y/n) yells back as she fights off her opponent.
The battleground is flooded but the heroes keep fighting.
The villains push back but aren't close to wining.
"If you don't get out of my way I'll blast you into next week. Now listen or I'll make you."
"I can't hear you~ la la la la~" She sing-songs and dodges her villain using fancy footwork.
Even though the two are bickering the fight is getting worse.
The power shift makes the heroes nervous.
The tension is high and the loud storm isn't helping.

"If you don't shut the fuck up I will kill you. I know you can hear me so chose wisely."
The villains are getting the upper hand, making both Bakugou and (Y/n) nervous.
So to hide her nerves she makes more jokes.
"Kill me? You'd have to reach me."
"Wanna bet?"
(Y/n) didn't have time to use her quirk against him since she was too busy with her villain.
Her back is facing the blonde as his loudest attack flies past her, taking out her villain.
Her gasp is drowned out.
She falls to her knees as ringing echoes in her head and her vision is hazy.

The fighting dies down as the heroes finally get the upper hand again.
Once her vision is mostly clear she looks at her hands only to see red.
Blood.
Her eyes widen in horror.
Although what scares her more is the sound...or the lack of.
The right side is still kind of ringing but the left side is completely silent.
Kirishima rushes to her side with Mina and they shake her shoulders.
(Y/n) can see their mouths moving and hands waving in front of her face...but she can't hear them.
Their eyes widen and they look at each other.
The two look up quickly and (Y/n) is startled when she is pulled back.

Bakugou grips her shoulders and looks her over.
His mouth is moving quickly and she could tell he's yelling.
Except what startled her the most is his expression.
The absolute terror and desperation.
He shakes her shoulders but when she brings her hands to her ears and shows him the blood his eyes widen.
He pushes her shoulders back and grabs her hands. Bakugou grabs her face and moves side to side so he could see the damage.
(Y/n) didn't know what to do or say.
Bakugou lets her go and backs away from her.
His expressions keep making her heart clench.

Tears begin streaming down the blonde's face and he  turns away from her.
(Y/n) reaches out to him but she is once again grabbed and put onto a gurney.
Paramedics rush her to the hospital and dry her off before cleaning her up.
No one says anything to Bakugou and he didn't say anything either.
Nezu and Aizawa go to the hospital to get an update on their student's condition.
Unfortunately the results are devastating.

"She is completely deaf in her left ear and will never regain her hearing. The right side is just ringing right now but we can try an aid to see how it works."
"How is she?" Aizawa asks, looking at the doctor.
The man sighs and shakes his head. "She's really shaken up. The villain who did this to her deserves to-"
"Doctor, it wasn't a villain," Nezu comments.
The said man looks at the small creature confused.
"Can we see her?" Aizawa interrupts the tension.
"Of course."

Aizawa and Nezu enter her room and the girl looks over.
(Y/n) starts crying again which made the men feel worse.
The raven haired man walks over and pets her hair, letting his student cry into his chest.
Nezu sighs and sits on the bed. He grabs the notebook the hospital provided.
Once he finishes writing he hands it to the girl.
(Y/n) sniffles and looks at the paper.
"The decision is yours (Y/n)."
They knew what he meant.
Does she want to continue being a hero or not?
Her mouth opens to respond but nothing comes out.
Just more tears.

A knock at the door catches the attention of the men but not the girl.
Although when they look at the door she does too.
Bakugou walks in, hands in his pockets. He looks just as awful as his classmate.
"Young Bakugou." Nezu mumbles and hops off the bed.
"C-can I speak to her in private?" He stutters and clenches his fists.
Aizawa sighs but nods. He turns to (Y/n) and holds up his phone. "Call me." He mouths and she nods slowly.

Once both men are gone Bakugou sits on the bed.
(Y/n) sniffles and looks at the blonde.
Slowly he looks her over.
Despite him being the reason she's deaf, she doesn't hate him.
Seeing his state makes her heart clench.
"Are you ok?" She asks quietly.
Katsuki looks into her eyes quickly. He starts yelling at her, although it isn't understood.
"Are you okay?" She repeats and puts her hand on his.
His eyes move from their hands to her eyes.
He sighs but nods slowly.
She manages a small smile. "I'm sorry Katsu. This is my fault. I shouldn't have messed with you during a battle." Her speech is slow as she tries speaking in a normal tone and not loud.

Bakugou leans his forehead on her shoulder. He squeezes her hand and she can feel his breath on her neck.
Her free hand plays with his hair.
"I'm sorry I did this to you." He whispers against her neck.
That she could understand.
(Y/n) turns her head and kisses his cheek. "Now you have to be the number one hero for me. Can you do that?"
"Tch, I guess." He mumbles and pulls away.
(Y/n) cups his cheek, enjoying the color turning red.
He doesn't know what to do or say.
Slowly she leans in and kisses him gently.