Chapter Twenty-two ⭐ 💚

Narrated by Jason:

I drummed my fingers on my thighs nervously as Saskia neared Michael's family home. I feel like I'm finally ready to meet them and to know why they threw me away. That's about the only question I have for them, I'm hoping that they can tell me more about Michael. I wondered if he was excited to have me? I wondered if they know where my mother is? I wonder if she's moved on and found herself a new Michael?

Saskia rounded us all up and drove over to the tiny home. The house had a white picket fence and a cement pathway to the door. The grass beside it was neatly trimmed, the yard, in general, was in great shape. We got out of the vehicle and I opened the gate and paused for a brief moment. This was the moment, my flesh and blood reside behind these gates. It all became bizarre, I wanted to turn around and run away. Kin held my hand and squeeze it before I got the courage to continue making my way to the door.

We made our way up to the porch, there was a small round table standing before an outside bench with white cushions and a hammock as well. I rang the doorbell and waited for a few seconds. It was silent, but I'm assuming the vampire and werewolf could hear whoever it was, approaching.

The doorknob turned and the door opened, behind it stood a woman. She had grey hair hanging on her shoulders but her face didn't look old, mid-fifties at most with a few laugh wrinkles next to her eyes and her mouth. She wore a warm inviting smile as she looked at every single face before her. "Hello," her voice was soft but at least audible. "May I help you?"

I took a deep breath in. "Yeah. Is this the Miller's home?"

She chuckled and bobbed her head. "Yes, I'm Rose Miller, why?"

I looked over my shoulder at Saskia who encouraged me by nodding her head. I have to do this and they're right here for me. That's why I brought them along, to make this trip easier on me. Otherwise, I would've never stepped foot near this place.

"Um... I think that Michael Miller was my father,"

The woman looked at us wide-eyed, she blinked her eyes a couple of times and leaned closer to him. "What?"

"I said I..."

"No... no... no.." she shook her head with every 'no' she gave. "I heard you," she gulped and looked into my eyes and gave him a small smile. "He... yeah, he died brutally but what are you doing here?"

I had no idea how to respond to such a question, just standing there staring at her with my cold eyes.

She giggled. Must've finally heard what she said, sounded like. "No, that's not how I meant it, Jason. I mean I thought your mother left town with you. That's why we had no contact with you,"

Saskia shook her head. "Wait... you know his name?"

Rose nodded her head and looked at me again. Each time she looked into my eyes it brought a smile to her face. That I noticed. "Yeah, he used to live with us for a few years when he was four up to six,"

I furrowed my brows. "Why don't I remember?"

Rose shrugged. "Please come in, we have a lot to share,"

Pete that's the name of my grandfather, his hair was still black with maybe one or two strands of whites but not enough to be noticed. He wasn't as skinny as I or even as the pictures on the wall of Michael, he has a bit of meat on his bones and has a much wider face but he looked like Michael nonetheless.

He brought me a photo album titled, Michael 1, there were many pictures of my father in it. It started with one right up to 15. 1 is baby and toddler pictures, Michael was a happy kid. Always wore a smile on his face and was always covered in some stain. In most of the pictures, his twin sister Haddison could be seen as well. As the albums went by they grew up and remained close.