Chapter Forty-one

Narrated by JASON

"How are you feeling today?" Dr Webster asked me.

What was I supposed to be feeling? That's all they ever want from me, to feel. They believe that when I feel, my mind will open. When my mind opens, they can control it but more importantly, my powers will unlock. I don't want that, I'm afraid of that happening. Everyone is terrified of me, what if the rumours are true? What if they unlock my powers and I start killing people recklessly? What if I'm really the cause of that darn zombie apocalypse everyone speaks of?

I just stared at Dr Webster, does he have a wife and kids? He's so vicious, I doubt someone would want to lay down next to him. Kin said they're torturing her, trying to all sorts of reactions from her.

"So... We're not chatty?" He asked me. I just don't want to engage with any of the staff around.

I feel bad for all the kids here, the non-human that is being treated viciously. It isn't fair. They should be free to live their lives amongst everyone else. Fit in and make friends, start a family. Far away from his trauma, this physical and mental prison.

Dr Webster looked through the glass behind him and nodded his head. Two men entered with those shock helmets and forced them over my head. I tried fighting them, but I always lose at the end of it all. Dr Webster instructed the other doctor to shock me. The electric jolt trembled through every inch of my body. He explained that the first day that my whole body is dead, and my body needs something to bring it alive.

But is pain the only way to get my heart to start pounding?

"Jason. Today we're going to try something different, okay? We have to know what your powers are, what you can do? And we are going to force it out of you because we know it's somewhere inside of you,"

I thought magic is the only way they can undo the spell. But they're about to use science. I have to tap into my powers, (wherever it is located) and make sure that they do not switch it on. I don't want to be used as a weapon. Or be the reason my folk live in fear.

They took me to another room and hooked me up to machines. They forced me to drink a pill, and I was soon asleep. I was surrounded by darkness, and far off in the distance was a small cottage.

I walked up to it, knocked on the door and waited. Behind it was another version of me. This one's hair was rough, and he wore jeans with a blue t-shirt. I don't wear those. "Who are you?"

He pushed me to the ground. He seemed so mad at me. He tried to smash my head with his foot but I moved to the side and got up. "What are you doing?"

"Jason," he responded with a female voice, "I'm doctor Hart, you're dreaming and we're only trying to get you to fight back,"

"No. I hate violence. There's never any reason for that,"

"Not even if you're about to be killed? It's called self-defence,"

"This is a dream? You said? No one feels pain in their dreams. So I'm not fighting back,"

She chuckled. Then the image came closer to me, I just stood still. He grabbed my hair and knee banged me in the face. "What the hell is wrong with you? Don't touch my hair,"

"Oh..." A different voice came from the image. This was doctor Webster, "you don't feel pain?"

I fixed my hair and looked at the image.

"You don't feel pain? Walker zombies don't feel pain, I thought that part of you should have been subdued?"

The image vanished, then a man standing at 8 feet tall appeared. "Jason," Dr Hart said through the new image, "this is Mänstər, the head above all zombies. He's your alpha. Created by Victor Frankenstein,"