Chapter Twenty-seven *

Narrated by KIN:

This better work. I feel so responsible for Bev and Caitlyn, they've been friends since they were six years old. This isn't just something you throw away. This isn't just something you get in between and leave it to deteriorate.

I've come to learn that Beverley loves shopping, so I invited her and Caitlyn to come shopping with me this Friday. I promised Caitlyn that I'll fix things, so she came along. The weekend couldn't come sooner for them, I took another pair of shorts from the rack and threw them over my shoulder. Caitlyn watched me, expecting her to put it right back but I didn't.

She raised her hand as a question, I looked at her and giggled. "Yeah. What?"

Cait leaned into her to make sure that the people nearby couldn't hear her, "thought vampires can't wear shorts? Or that cranters have blue veins like a corpse?"

I glanced at all the people nearby who were searching on the racks for something new and averted my attention back on Caitlyn, "yeah. This is for my private times when I fancy myself a normal girl," I bit her lower lip and looked into Caitlyn's blue contacts, "I wonder sometimes if I'd ever been normal, would people always view me as an outsider? I hear how people talk about me and it stings,"

Caitlyn squeezed my shoulder and looked at me sympathetically, "this is normal. Everyone goes through this. Kids are mean, those are lessons we learn and they make us stronger. Just focus on being a teenager for now,"

I snickered. "Like dating and such?"

Bev walked over to them with the desired dress and swooned. "Seriously, Kin, who do you have in mind?"

Caitlyn looked at her friend and we started walking to the dressing rooms. They found an empty room and it was large enough for them all to fit in there. There was a small couch and a place to hang our clothes, which we did. Even using the couch as one. I got undress and got into a green dress and checked myself out in the mirror.

"You look amazing," Bev and Cait said together.

Bev made space for her body on the couch, trying to avoid the clothes. She nodded her head. "Yeah. I'm sure said guy would love to say yes when you ask him out on that first date,"

She looked at Bev sternly then at Caitlyn. "I don't know, I'm not that type of girl to jump and ask a boy out. He should approach me, I'll wait, besides, there's no particular guy,"

"What if he never comes?" Cait asked as she zipped up the orange jeans and checked herself out in the mirror. "Sometimes as women, we need to make the first move because boys are humans too and get nervous as well,"

I sighed and started taking the dress off. "I don't know guys, I get nervous even just thinking about it. Besides, I don't have time for dating. My life kind of feels busy. Starting school, having friends. That alone is hard to adjust to, then on top of that is the other thing. They say if this person isn't caught, I might go to prison,"

Beverley and Caitlyn gasped and bombarded me with questions. I haven't told the others yet, the only person I told was Jason. I feel like Bev and Cait will handle the news better than Saskia, Laura and Paul would. I don't want to worry them.

"That's awful. I thought you said your family believes you now?" Caitlyn asked.

"Oh, they do. But will the vampiric court?"

Beverley didn't say anything. But she had a sombre look on her face. It was like she pitied me and was giving me a moment of silence. She rubbed her hands and got back up. "Okay," she picked up a blue tank top and took her top off. "That's officially the worse thing I've heard,"