Chapter Forty-eight

Narrated by KIN

We had breakfast, we didn't have to pay. Thanks to, Turnilupo. The guest house we stayed at was packed, the woman says that it never happened before. Everyone wants to ask me questions and tell me stories. I don't even know the woman, so riding her wave felt like I was a cheat.

I finished my breakfast fast because I wanted to avoid all the stares and compliments. So I rushed to my room, on my bed laid the book. It was closed, I walked up to it. I'm not sure I want to read this.

Sofia and XY3 stepped into the room and closed the door behind them. "Good morning, Kin," they both greeted me.

"Good morning, ladies,"

They walked up to me and peered over my shoulder, just looking at the book. The book then suddenly opened and flipped through pages by itself.

"What's happening?" Asked XY3.

Then it stopped flipping, "take it," whispered, Sofia.

So I slowly took the book and held it in my hands. "Now what?"

XY3 shrugged.

"I think she wants you to read it," Sofia spoke.

"Who?" XY3 and I asked together.

"Turnilupo, who else?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be silly," said XY3, "that woman died over five hundred years ago,"

"Didn't you hear what that woman said yesterday?" Sofia began fighting for herself, "that they're raising all the Mayhems. This celebration is about them,"

I shook my head. "As in spirits or ghosts?" She nodded her head, "Sofia. That's ridiculous!"

"Why is it so far fetched?"

XY3 and I looked at each other. Both didn't have a clue about what's happening, but Sofia seemed so convinced. I clearer my throat, "maybe I should read it?"

They both bobbed their heads. So I looked at the words before me and started reading out loud.

'I've always been told that year's after I die, that I'll still be remembered.

I'm special, not your average witch because I have something that they don't. All my friends actually, I guess that's why we are friends. Because we stand out from the crowd.

If I didn't have this special magic force within me, I'd be a normal witch. And I tried my whole life through to have it removed. To shut it down. I want no part of it.

I was born in Mele, a place where good-hearted witches live. Before, Mele and 'San were one place. White and black witches lived together, but not in harmony. White witches didn't want to be forced to learn black magic.

The two groups argued for centuries when the Crystal Gods eventually heard their cries and had the world separated. Now there's Mele and there is 'San.

But in Mele, I was told that in me lives evil. The white witches spoke about my special power. Both my parents did everything they could to have that evil removed from me, but they failed. I killed them, it killed them.

At eleven, I was sentenced to live in 'San, where I belong. But only I didn't. I was told I'm weak, that I'm too white witch to belong in, Meledsan.

'She's the girl from, Mele,'

They would say. They made sure that I know where I belong. Which was according to them, beneath them.