Chapter Fifty-six

Narrated by JASON

Doctor Hart has been too busy for the past few days to hang with me. She's ignoring me, which means one of two things. Either one, she doesn't want to help us and doesn't know how to tell me. Or two, she still hasn't made up her mind. I have to know which one it is.

"We leave before the week comes o an end," Kin said the second our minds connected. "I just, can't stand it here any longer."

"Are you still being tortured?"

She nodded her head. My heart felt heavy, I thought that they stopped. What's wrong with these doctors? I got up and walked over to her and embraced her. She held me as well, and I kissed her on the cheek.

I took my seat, Hayden and Maxwell entered the chill zone joking with one another. They're laughter could be heard instantly as they stepped inside. They sat down with us at a table and greeted us warmly.

"Should we play a game of cards?"

Kin bounced her head, "sure. Why not?"

Maxwell got up and brought over a deck of cards. He shuffled and handed us our cards, I looked at mine and waited on my turn.

Hayden cleared her throat, we all knew what it meant. So I connected our minds, "Doctor Hart still avoiding you?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah.

"You should confront her." Maxwell told. I nodded my head. He is right.

"But each time I go to her office, she has to leave. If I see her in the hallways, she turns the other way."

"Isn't there another way you can catch her?" Hayden asked.

I shrugged.

"Where's Cara?" Kin asked.

Hayden rolled her eyes, "where do you think?"

"Exams," Maxwell shared, "they're thinking of selling her. So she has to demonstrate her powers to the staff before the guest arrive,"

"What?" Kin asked wide eyed. "That's awful. They wanna split you two up?"

Hayden nodded her head, "you know what's funny? Cara always wanted to be more like me, I'm just a fish. I'm as fast as they come under water, and when she touches water... She becomes invisible, which she hates. Because she wants to be seen, now, that very thing she hates, is what makes her special. And me not,"

Kin looked at me and shook her head, "we need to escape before that happens." She looked at Hayden, "when exactly are they coming to buy her?"

Hayden wiped away a small tear drop from the corner of her eye with her thumb, "next week Thursday."

"Can we see her?"

Hayden nodded her head, "yeah, I think that's a great idea. Support."

We all left the fun zone and went to where she was held. We entered the room, other subjects also went to see the show. Doctor Hart and I saw each other at the same time, our stares lingered for a while before she looked away first.

There were these benches, and we sat down. We had to watch the subjects through a glass window. Right now it was a subject infused with a fly. This subject doesn't have a nose, only this long snout. There was a mannequin in front of him, and he was to show how strong his acid is. Which he did, he blasted acid onto the mannequin and it ate all of the doll. The students clapped hands. Why? If he does great, he gets sold. Sold and forced to do whatever his masters want him to do, I hated the way that sounds. They shouldn't be treated like this, makes my blood boil.