Chapter Thirty-six *

Narrated by SASKIA

"I wonder why, Lemon lied about being alone with Kin that night?"

My friends all hung out in my room, we didn't know what else to do. Without Kin, things feel a bit weird, I'm confused by Lemon. Who is she? Why is she lying? Why does she keep on lying?

Vincent cleared his throat, "um, Saskia. Lied about what?"

"That night she claimed that she and Kin were alone. But I read your message, she wasn't alone, you were with them. Who lies about something so stupid?"

Jason sighed.

"Let's confront her," Caitlyn said, we all looked at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Let's play open cards. We know she's not human, so let's just force her to be honest with us,"

"Yeah," Vincent said, "I heard that she's a witch. A witch,"

Laura furrowed her brows, "who told you?"

"Detective Maury, he's working Kin's case. Apparently, Lemon and her mother are witches, they work with demons and aliens. They wanna invade earth. And they're going to use Kin and others,"

"I don't wanna sound insane," Paul interrupted the silence Vincent's statement caused, "but we must stop, Lemon and her mother,"

Beverly chuckled, "how? We're not superheroes,"

I started pacing in my room, "guys. No, we can't get involved. If we can, we can get Kin back safely and that's it,"

Jason scoffed, "don't be so scared, if we can why can't we just stop them all the way?"

"Because you're all inexperienced. Jason, you have no powers,"

Jason frowned. "Power isn't defined by magic or anything like that. It's the courage to stand up and fight against what you're terrified of. And make your own power,"

I saw Vincent nodding his head. "I hate to agree with Jason. But we shouldn't limit ourselves simply because we're human or inexperienced. But for now, let's do what Cait suggested and head over to Lemon's home."

I drove over to Lemon's home, the big white gate was open, we didn't know what to do when we saw the blinking lights of the sirens illuminating in their yard. She parked her car and we all got out where they saw a body in a black bag being dragged out of the house on a stretcher. By the door stood who we presumed to be Lemon's mother.

She folded her arms and wore a small smile. They walked up to her, she dropped her smile and looked at the teenagers with a grumpy face. "Oh hey, Jason?"

She noticed the boy and raised an eyebrow, she cleared her throat. "What are you doing here?"

Jason was spooked out by the woman knowing his name. But I'm figuring that he thinks it's because Lemon told her. We haven't told him, I don't want to freak him out. Or his mother. He's my cousin, and I feel this is the best way to keep him safe.

"Umm... What happened here, ma'am?" Paul asked, concern traced in the tone of his voice, "is, Lemon, okay?"

She looked at the ambulance standing off in the distance and nodded her head in the direction of the vehicle. "There she is, she's fine... But she's not here with us, for now,"

The friends looked at each other. Strange of her to speak like Lemon is only visiting someone. "What do you mean? She seems..." I didn't want to finish her sentence. She just looked at everyone around her.

"She's dead, gone, gone, gone on her way to hell," Jason finished her sentence for me.

Lemon's mother folded her arms and furrowed her brows. "What are you kids doing here? Coming here with all your questions," she looked at Jason with fiery eyes, "and your insensitive comments. I think it's best that you just leave,"

We didn't say anything. Didn't want to cause any drama, so we listened to her and left in peace.