Chapter Fifty-eight**

Narrated by KIN

Today is the day. We all have been so excited, we know once we leave the tunnels, we're going to have to fight. But that's okay, we'll do whatever it takes to be free.

I'm a bloodsuscker hybrid, I have that. Maxwell is an eagle, and Cara is a jellyfish. She has that, the only baggage would be Jason who has no idea how to get a hold of his power. And Hayden who is an excellent swimmer, but unless we're going under water. That wouldn't be much help.

Jason had already asked his mother which direction we should flee if we were to escape before she arrives, she planted the map in his head. I'm sorry, but zombies are the coolest.

We played cards in the fun zone, Jason entered. He is beyond dreamy and I don't think he knows that. I've always wondered what I thought about him, but being here made it clear. I like him, a lot. But he probably can't feel that in general. So I'll just forget it.

He is a machine when it comes to feeling, and even when he does. He'll probably never be capable of feeling to the extend to the rest of us. And vampires love hard, love obsessively. I cannot afford to be with someone who wouldn't get that, who wouldn't even give me a quarter of what I would give.

He came directly to us and sat down. "Most of the subjects are already in their rooms. But... give us ten minutes to get prepared before we start it all?"

I nodded my head. It's show time. We played two rounds before Maxwell rose to his feet, "I think it's time we moved down. Remember, we will be watched instantly as we move. So be super quick. Kin,"

I gave him a smile, "I promise. Jason... Remember to tap me in when you're downstairs."

He nodded his head. And they all started leaving the place. I couldn't believe we're doing it, there's no time to back down now. Although my chest felt like it was caving in, and I began shaking. I breathed in slowly and exhaled. I tried calming my nerves.

I stood up and began pacing. I have no idea how to fake handling doctor Hart, brutality isn't in my nature. But for her sake, I'm going to have to make it convincing. After all, I don't want her to get hurt. That would the the worst, especially since she's willing to help us. The only one here.

"Kin. We're here."

I heard Jason say in my head. So I made my way over to doctor Hart's office. Slowly, a bit unsure of myself. When I saw her door I hesitated before I knocked, then I knocked. She called me in.

I opened the door, she sat there. I gave her a small nod. "Doctor Hart?"

She wore a smile that disappeared. She's afraid for her life as well, I could tell. And I was afraid to put her in danger. That was something she could tell, she gave me a nod. As if saying it's okay, she's okay. I should just do this. I let in a big breath of air and grabbed her, by the time I released the air was with the gang.

I put her down and grabbed her behind the neck. It has to be convincing, Kin. I know I can do this.

"Hey!" I said as tough as I could, "we know here's a secret tunnel somewhere and you WILL show us or else I snap your neck like a twig, got that?"

She nodded her head.

"I said, got it!" I raised my voice.

"Y-yes!"

"Good."

She started walking, the rest of us followed her. Then she suddenly stopped walking in the middle of the hallway.