Chapter Nine ⭐

Narrated by SASKIA and LAURA:

Saskia:
Laura was soon released after Bethany helped me by tricking the medical staff into thinking she's healing. She still had to wear the bandage on her face but this time her whole face wasn't covered like before. Just the scar. Her parents still went through with suing us, we don't care though, my family rolls in money.

But Laura didn't approve at all, threatening her family with leaving and never returning home unless they drop everything. They didn't, at this point, I don't think they care about Laura's opinion and word. So when she got discharged from the hospital she moved in with us. I even went home with her to help her pack, I've never had a sister so she's like my baby sister. This would also work out excellently for when I tell her she's a zombie and needs training.

But Laura seems to be enjoying her life, she was free for the first time. Free to wear what she wanted, free to eat all kinds of surgery things. She thinks that she can't stop eating because she's not used to eating junk food, but it's not that. She's slowly becoming a zombie and zombies eat a lot before they die. After a while, you can learn to maintain your cravings. She also just reached 100k followers on Instagram due to her situation. So many people feel bad for her, her fans seem so concerned which is the cutest thing ever. But she was nervous to return to the real world, her friends still didn't call, text or visit her. But at least Kin and Paul came by every day to check on her.

She doesn't want to go with me to school because she loves walking she explained, so she arrived at school a while after I did. All the students went silent when they saw her, their Queen had returned and they felt so sorry for her. Something they never thought they would. She walked up to her friends and they still didn't seem happy to see her, that's when she walked past them and came directly to us. We stood by the stairs in front of the school building's main section, this is where Paul used to sit every morning before school listening to music. Now we invaded it, like with Jason's spot, he surprisingly also stood with us there in the morning sometimes but he never says anything.

She smiled at us and held the straps of her pink school bag, "hey guys,"

"What are you doing here?" Jason asked coldly. I gently hit him.

"I came over to my... new friends," she looked at her old friends who were still watching her and giggling. "Thems threw me away,"

"I mean that's what people usually do with trash," Jason inserted, causing Paul to chuckle.

"Guys!" I scold.

"Sorry, I shouldn't be laughing at the things, Jason says," Paul apologised.

"Ignore them. You're an outcast now, a freak..."

"... a science experiment," Jason interrupted Kin.

"A science experiment," Kin repeated looking at Jason, "just like all the best people,"

"Kin's right," I agreed, "forget them. We are here for you now."

"Who's we?" Jason muttered softly.

That was Laura's fate now, it takes weeks for a human to finally die. Months for others so I wondered how long it will take Laura. By now her body is already dead, for that it takes about five days but she hasn't collapsed yet and I had to tell her before the final death happens. The one that takes her from dead to living dead, but I could never find the courage. Three days after she returned to school I was slowly driving to school when I spotted Laura walking at her own slow pace.

I passed her but caught a glimpse of her in the rear-view mirror and felt bad for just passing her by. Although I know she said she prefers to walk, besides I just had to tell her and decided that today is the day. So I reversed and stopped, Laura, got in the car wearing a huge warm smile,