Chapter Fourteen ⭐💚

Narrated by JASON:

Crystal Moon is known for having weird people. Unique people, I guess that's why I feel so at home right in this town. Well, it's a city but most people just call it a town. I know if I were to step foot out in the real world that my differences wouldn't be praised like it is being celebrated here in this city town.
Of course, a few kids teased me a lot growing up, still do. But it's hard to feel insecure when everywhere I turn I see another weirdo. Like Orchid, for example, the one Kin introduced me to. She claims to be a real nymph and says her green hair is natural. Her ears are real, and no one shits on her for her beliefs. Because she chooses to identify as a nymph. Maybe I will feel included if I had something to identify as. Because Orchid isn't the first nymph or fairy I've met in town, and she won't be the last. And when fae festivals approach in spring, she gets to meet more people like her.

I feel like the only one of my kind.

So yeah, the town is known for celebrating monsters of all kinds. So much so that people think that the town was solely created (by crystal witches) to be a haven for humans against monsters. Like what? I don't believe in monsters though, but I love to attend the city town's annual celebration of the birth of Crystal Moon.

And today a whole new weirdo joined our class. The teacher introduced her as Lemon. She came right to me and plumped herself down. I looked at her, she grinned at me. She has dark green roots with yellow hair. Her eyes are the same colour green as her lime earrings.

"Did I give you permission to sit next to me?"

"Oh," she seemed a little surprised. "I thought since there's a space?"

"Move. Before I start pinching you and you don't want to be known as the annoying new girl that wasn't even in class for ten minutes, and already started complaining to the teacher that the weird boy is pinching her,"

She didn't say anything. She just looked at me for a short while before standing up and sitting somewhere else. Great. I hate sitting next to people, I love my space.

I initially thought that that would be the last time I'll see her, although she's in my class. But it wasn't. Saskia has a way of annoying me, bringing the Lemon over to our tree. My stomach dropped when I saw her that I grunted and rolled my eyes. I looked at Lemon, she has yellow nails with green tips. She flashed me a large smile, one I returned with his cold eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

"Jason!" Saskia threw herself in, "that's not a nice thing to ask. She befriended me and asked if she could join me. Of course, I said yes,"

I rolled my eyes and as she sat down. There was something about her that I didn't trust. Everything about her seems so perfect and in place. Her aesthetic is a bit too on point. "Just so we're clear," I told as I closed my novel, keeping my finger between the pages to keep track of which page I'm on, "I don't like anyone of you, but there's something about this Lemon that I just can't digest,"

I spoke as if Lemon wasn't present which I guess caused Laura to break into laughter. She wiped an invisible tear and gently hit me. Lemon cleared her throat and looked at me.

"I'm sorry I make you feel uncomfortable. I'll try my best not to,"

I flashed her a very obvious fake smile and opened my book and groaned, "yet you're still here?"

Paul cleared his throat, "tell us more about yourself, Lemon. Ignore Jason, he's cold with all of us,"

"Oh. I've been home-schooled all my life,"