Chapter Ten

Narrated by KIN:

I have five custom made hoodie capes to wear to school. Today I decided to go with the white one. Each one of them has the school's emblem engraved onto it. After that, I combed my hair out when I heard my phone chime. I received a message from a private number.

Private Number:
"I know exactly WHAT you are."

I gasped when I read that text. Who did it come from? And what do they mean? As in that, I'm a cranter? I couldn't wait to get to school. There's no way I'm showing my parents this text. They'll definitely pull me from school, although they promised me they'll officially take me out after the first term. They'll even involve vampiric investigators to find out who's behind the text and that person will end up dead. I can't have them know. I'd rather them think I'm killing these people but this is worse, it will prove to them that I'll never be safe and that I will never be able to take care of myself. So I'll handle this like an adult.

I showed Saskia and Paul the text message. They didn't say anything, but I could read on their faces that they were terrified and worried about me.

Paul whistled, "Woah, I would not want to be, Vreemde-Kin Tepes. Comes with too much drama,"

Saskia gently hit Paul, like she always does to all of us when we say the wrong things. "I'm pretty sure it's not that serious,"

"What's not that serious?" Laura interrupted our conversation. I pulled in for a tight hug.

"Saskia texted us about you officially dying yesterday. Congrats, you're one of us,"

"Chill, you make it sound like something to be excited about,"

Paul tittered, "and what's not exciting about having awesome abilities and powers?"

Her eyes grew. "Excuse me... what?"

Saskia giggled and flung her arms over Laura's shoulder, "now you heard him, which reminds me. I have to start training you into becoming a fully trained zombie that can use her powers,"

Laura held her chest as her breathing quickened, "just when I began to think my life went downhill, I could be a whole superhero,"

We all looked at her, pulling faces of confusion. "Girl... no," Saskia told, "you can't bring attention to yourself, we get killed for existing. Low profile,"

She groaned, "fine. Low profile, anyway. What were you all talking about before?"

She's a curious little one, "since you're a zombie, I guess we could tell you."

We walked to Jason's tree and told her everything. About the killings being done by a vampire and how I'm the one who gets blamed. Told her that my parents threatens to take my freedom. We told her who I am, since knowing me is important as a supernatural creature. Told her that Saskia's family is important too, their family is known for owning zombie-related businesses. And they used to protect other zombies back in the day when they got hunted like mad, that was when they were still human though.

By the time we made it to Jason, she knew all she needed to. Then there's Jason, we're not sure what he is or if he's one of us. He's the coldest person I've ever seen, hardly pays attention to us. But that's okay, as long as he's not running from us. He intrigues me so, I could write a whole book about him. I can look at him for hours. Underneath the tree, in class when he does his classwork. He doesn't look around much, so he only caught me staring at him a few times. But I would quickly look away and do my work.