Chapter Three

Narrated by KIN

I spent that afternoon with Paul and Saskia before I headed home to my once again, 'disappointed', family. That was also the day that I believed Caitlyn.

"You head to your room, young lady!" Mother commanded and I did.

The feel of ice-cold stares on me wanted me to run off and cry but wouldn't that satisfy them? I heard as mom and dad followed me. The door slammed shut behind me. I was yet again in trouble.

"Kin," my mother started. Her voice wasn't as harsh this time. She sounded like a concerned mother. "No my child. Not at school,"

"What are you talking about?"

"No," my dad spoke, "we're not going through this with you again. You know what you did. You killed a student and left her body in the fire at school today,"

A tiny gasp escaped my mouth. I couldn't believe my ears it caused me to frown when I made eye contact with my dad and with my hands on my hips. "And you... You suspect me? Still?"

"Kin you must understand how this looks. You're..."

I raised my hand as I interrupted my mother's sentence, "...No! I don't wanna hear it. This makes me sick, you all turning your backs on me. Discussing my fut..."

"Kin," my dad says.

"No! Let me finish. Discussing my future without me like I'm some character in a game. This is my life," I stopped yelling and looked at both my parents and snickered. "This is my life," I couldn't stop the tears from pouring down my cheeks, "and you're all just trying to ruin my life,"

Dad looked at mom, "honey it's not like that,"

I raised my arms in the air and wiped my tears. "If it's not like that then what is it like? You're out there deciding my future. I wanna go to Stanford university one day, I want a child, I wanna fall in love and you all decided that no," I folded my arms and tilted my head to the side and looked over at them.

"No, Vreemde-Kin won't have any of that. Well, guess what, loving parents... I'll prove you wrong, and not just with the whole vampire killer thing but at everything. I'll show you, all of you what will become of me. You think I can't take care of myself, and that's the real reason why you want me back behind these four walls," I said what I had to. I feel betrayed.

My parents just stood there in my room and watched me but I didn't feel like looking at them. "Just... please get out of my room, I need space,"

My mom nodded her head and took my father's hand and led him out. I walked up to my bedroom window and sat on the windowsill just looking at Crystal Moon, the night breeze was cool. It soothed me instantly. I have no idea who could be so brutal. Who could kill someone and throw their body in that fire? Are they the same ones who started the fire? The school did send a message, we are to attend school tomorrow. No excuses. I bet some students hated that. But I couldn't afford to hate school, I can talk tough but I am scared that they pull me from school. Pull me from my life, so to speak. Leaving me without a normal experience.

The tension in the was still thick the following morning, I looked at my coven and had to digest their sour faces like it doesn't hurt. I walked up to the deep fridge and removed a bottle of blood labelled, Kin.

Mine is mixed, it's animal blood that's why. One bad thing about being a cranter is that once we had a taste of human DNA, we are programmed with the desire finish off the whole bloodline. Mother and father walked into the kitchen, we all just heard as the other vampires whispered nasty things about me. Mother ignored them as she started preparing to make breakfast for Lainey and I. Father always helps.