Chapter Fifty-one

Narrated by JASON and KIN

Jason
I held my father's wand in my hand, before me was an empty drink can. I am supposed to lift the can, but I cannot do it. I've been standing here trying for about fifteen minutes.

Father sighed, if there's something I don't want to do, it's disappoint him. I have so much respect for him, I looked over my shoulder at him.

He let out a small smile, "Jason. Relax. You can do this,"

I let out a shaky breath and nodded my head. I tried again, but it didn't stir. Father chuckled.

"Clear your mind... tell me, what do you think of your mother?"

I shrugged and focused on the can. "I don't know, she's very beautiful. I wish she could be my mother, but I understand. I don't know if it's selfish of me, but I want her for myself. All the time,"

Father chortled.

I looked at him again, "I wish we could know each other. Even though I hated both of you for years, but, I dunno, meeting you guys. Knowing the full story, kind of changed that,"

The can trembled, that was enough for me to stop. Then the can stopped moving. Because I got too excited. I looked at father who laughed and shook his head. His eyes twinkled. Was he proud of my progress?

"Lemme try something?" He said then rubbed his hands together before saying something in a weird language.

He turned transparent. I could see right through him. Then he walked up to me and stood right inside of me. My hands were on my sides, he raised his hands which raised mine. He puffed out his chest, and I did as well. Father was controlling me. I held the wand in my grip, whereas Michael just reached out his open hand and aimed it at the can.

I felt as his power merged with mine. Like I could literally feel where his end and mine began. We lifted up the can, it rose perfectly. Without wobbles. Then i felt the direction my father wanted to go. That's when we disintegrated the can. It burnt up and turned to nothingness.

Michael and I aimed at another can, we lifted that one as well and brought it closer to us. Then, he left my body. The can became unstable and almost dropped, but then I took a deep breath in and out. I cleared my mind and just before the can hit the ground, I rose it back up. Slower than what Michael and I would together, but at least I was doing it.

"That's good, Jason. Hold it,"

I tried to hold it in the air, but it was beginning to get harder to maintain. The longer it levitated, the more it started to wobble.

"Hold it, Jason. I know you can,"

I tried. Sweat beated down my forehead, it took a lot out of me. But I was truly trying.

"What I tell you about a clear mind, Jason?"

I nodded my head and closed my eyes. I stopped thinking about how hard I tried to keep the can afloat. Stopped thinking about Michael and I being here together. Never had I ever thought I'd have a moment with my father. With him teaching me something, normal kids have their father's teach them how to ride a bike. But, I am not normal. Nor was Michael. Of course his first lesson to me would be magic related.

I stopped worrying about Kin. No matter what I do, she's always on my mind. When I take a break and even when I'm busy. I've seen how scared she is of being at the hospital, to the point where she crawls into my bed. Otherwise she can't sleep. I'm just glad that she's not in there alone. Because imagine how hard it would've been for her to cope alone if I were dead?

My mind entered blankness. My breathing was more controlled. When I re-opened my eyes, the can was rigid. No more shaky.

"Great. You did it. Now, let's disintegrate it? Shall we?"

I glanced over at Michael. "What do I do?"

"Magic is an emotion. It's something you feel, it's what you make of it,"

"That's not enough information to make me understand,"

He grinned and nodded his head, "that's because it's differs from person to person. You have to understand what I meant, for yourself."

I frowned. What on earth does this man mean? Okay, magic, emotion. Got it. Or do I? It's something you feel? Now how do I feel like a disintegrated can? I looked at the can, and thought maybe I should envision that I am the can. So I did. I thought of turning into dust blowing away in this gentle breeze. I did this while thinking back on how it felt when Michael and I did it. To kind of feel that power so that it can direct me.

Which it did.

I looked at the can, its bottom thinned out first. Turning into a rusty dust and blowing away. The whole can vanished. I dropped my hand with the wand still in my grip. I looked at dad, I couldn't hold back my joy. Even though I wanted to. But instead, I found myself smiling broadly and ran into his arms. He embraced me. We pulled back and we looked at each other.

"Jason. That's advanced. You're going to be a powerful wizard one day. I can tell."

****

Kin
Victoria, Sofia and I sat on a bench eating ice-cream as we watched XY3 and Dean. They were standing underneath a tree, tucking at each others shirts and giggling. So cute.

XY3 out here having a boyfriend before me. Victoria licked her ice-cream and with her eyes remaining on the two, she reached her hand out and placed her wrist in front of my mouth. I looked at her, then she looked at me and gave me a small grin. "What?"

I remained silent. Then looked at Sofia who shrugged. My eyes fell on Vicky's brown small ones, "are you offering me blood?"

"Well, we haven't seen Tiffany all day. And normally her mother gives you blood. I mean, I figure you weren't fed today?"

I bobbed my head once. Usually cranters can't drink blood from one human source, it leaves us thirsty for the entire bloodline of said human. But like Jason, Victoria isn't human. So I suppose I can try it? I sunk my fangs into her soft skin. It tore so easily. Unlike Jason's. There still isn't blood that tops his.

I stopped drinking when I felt that I've had enough. I licked her open wound and it instantly closed, then I wiped my mouth. The two walked over to us hand in hand. They're moving so fast and I'm so happy for them. Especially for XY3 because she's kept in a slumber and would never know what it feels like to be in love and to be loved. This will do her good, so when they put her to sleep. She'll have sweet dreams of love and friendship.

"He's inviting us to a picnic with all his friends?" She asked us. We looked at each other and back at them, and nodded our heads.