Chapter Thirteen ⭐ 💚

Narrated by SASKIA and Jason:

Saskia:
Laura seemed excited about the whole training thingy, she wasn't even nervous. She's excited about two things, today's the first time she'll train. She took her test (Kin and Paul did too) but also she is planning her birthing party. Each species has one, it differs from species to species though. Her parents also dropped the charges and asked her to go back home, she stays at their place at times and at times at ours. Mother loves that agreement because she grew on mother.

But enough about Laura. I'm happy for her but what about Jason? The whole Laura thing kept me so busy that I forgot about Jason. Not that I forgot but I was too busy. Up until Kin told me that he stayed off today because he claimed to have been followed. That's serious. We need to find his parents, especially if he could be a famous creature.

We don't have any time to waste so I introduced him to Bethany. She had to tell me if she could feel her mother's magical print on that boy. That would help. A lot.

Jason stood at his locker, changing books and checking his timetable when I walked up to him with Bethany on my side.

Bethany froze up completely as she looked at Jason. She watched me and gave me a wink. Was that the sign?

"Jason... hey, I want you to meet a friend. Her name is Bethany,"

He didn't look at us once. It was like we weren't there to him as he kept his eyes on his books. "Y'all have way too many friends,"

He spoke and closed his locker and looked right into Bethany's big brown eyes. She has the longest eyelashes that he has ever seen and a babyface. "Shouldn't you have already shedded that fat?"

She slightly opened her mouth as a tiny gasp escaped her mouth. She looked at me who was now frowning at him. "Jason! One doesn't go around saying things like that,"

"What?"

"Look... I should go," Bethany said and stormed off. He went and made her feel bad. When she disappeared I lightly hit Jason and shook my head. "One doesn't say things like that. You should apologise,"

He shook his head. "No, and apologise for what? What I say? Besides, it's not like I'll ever see her again,"

We moved to the tree where he read a book and I had to do some of my homework that I couldn't do over the weekend. I had to speak to Bethany again. Have to make sure she's fine and I have to hear her thoughts. I didn't get to see her again for four whole periods. Eventually saw her entering the library and rushed over to her. Tapped her on the shoulder. She turned around and saw me, she looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Bethany? What is it?"

She scratched her cheek. "T-that... b-b," she swallowed and lowered her head then looked at me again. "Yeah, he has her magical imprint alright. He um... He feels so like my mother. I had to get away from him and cry," I pulled her in for a hug. We pulled away and she wiped new tears. "If-if uh... because he has her print I can summon her through him... I just wanna see her again,"

I just stood there. I didn't know what to say or how to react. She seemed broken, longing for her mother and there's not a thing I can do. I grabbed her hand, "I'm sorry for your loss... I am,"

She waved her hand and snickered as more tears came down her cheeks.

"So he'll forever feel like your mother?"

She bounced her head. "Yeah... I just have to get used to that, her presence is so strong on that boy. She must've done many things on him or one big favour. This is more than just preventing him from dying in his mother's womb,"