Chapter Twenty-three *

Lemon made her way over to the tree clutching her sling bag tightly. She doesn't always come with it to school but today she decided to spoil her new friends. They weren't at the tree, only Vincent who was probably doing his homework.

"Hey,"

He looked up and gave her a warm smile. "Hey,"

She sat down and looked around, maybe she could spot the rest. "Where is everyone?"

"Jason didn't come yet. Neither did Saskia and Laura, Paul and Kin are probably somewhere making out," Vincent joked.

Lemon opened the slingback and took out a blue tin filled with cupcakes. "I baked this for everyone as a way to say thank you for your friendship," she chuckled. "I hope Jason warms up to me after this," she added sarcastically which caused Vincent to scoff and chuckle himself.

"I don't like that bitch," he said as he reached out for a cupcake. He took a bit of the soft, moist, burst of flavour vanilla cupcake with caramel cream. "Hmm, this is incredibly delicious. Did you bake it yourself?"

She nodded her head and took a bite of her cupcake. She leaned closer to Vincent, they looked deeply into each other's eyes. He wondered why she was so close to him, so he waited. "Don't you think they're weird?"

"Who are you talking about?"

"Our friends," she looked around and whispered; "I think they're lying about their true identities. I don't think they're human like us. I've heard about Crystal Moon about how it is a wonderful magical place where supernatural creatures walk around in broad daylight,"

She sat upright again and took another bite from her cupcake as she nodded her head in satisfaction.

Vincent cleared his throat. "You believe in those things as well?"

She nodded her head.

He chuckled. He couldn't believe his ears. "Me too, you should see my bedroom. Posters of many supernatural creatures, I have books and tons of research on them. I'm even in a secret club for like-minded people,"

Lemon tittered, "wow. That's so cool,"

"Yeah. It is, you should join us at one meeting. Most recently we couldn't stop talking about the blatant vampire attacks happening in town, I haven't told anyone yet but I believe that Kin is either a cranter or a vampire. I mean that's the only reason I've befriended her, and now that we're friends I'm sure she's a cranter,"

Lemon nodded her head. "Why would you say that?"

"Her skin is ashy instead of just pure pale like a regular vampire, she has four tiny fangs if you take a good look,"

Lemon cocked her head to the side as she tried recalling the inside of Kin's mouth. "Laura and Saskia are obvious,"

She told.

"Zombies," they said together and started laughing. Vincent enjoyed having someone he could talk to about this. He took another bite and looked at her, "I'm writing a short study about Kin, gathering information about bloodsuckers. I want to know how they think, what they're thinking. I want to know to which extent are they humane or are they just pretending,"

"That's fascinating, are you planning on showing your group?"

He nodded his head. "Of course. They'll be so jealous if they heard that I'm friends with a real-life cranter, I'm almost finished though. I just need a few pictures to conclude my work before I start editing,"

She grinned. He was passionate and it showed. The way his eyes lit up as he spoke about those creatures was priceless. "And what are your opinions on the matter?"

He shook his head. "With all these deaths... they're soulless beast that needs to be either killed or cleansed. If that's even possible. I don't think that they can experience human emotions. Narcissists with a craving for blood. That makes them dangerous,"

Lemon smirked. "You don't think, Kin is capable of feeling?"

"Nope. I believe she's faking it. Great pretenders, she's a bit of a weirdo that just can't fit in with the rest of us. Not even supernatural creatures," he wiped his mouth and looked at her, "she can't even catch feelings which is strange don't you think? We're in high school and that's our thing, but I feel like she's a brick. She doesn't gravitate towards anyone and I believe she can't experience love, lust and romantic or sexual desires. All she can think about is her next meal. I just know she's the one killing every one. I just need to prove it, been following her around for months now,"

She chuckled. "Yep. Like, Jason. Robotic. What do you think about Paul and Jason?"

He scratched his head. "I think Jason's appearance is makeup, you've met the guy. He's very gloomy so I don't believe that he just looks like a ghost, he's trying to achieve that Tim Burton look. Trust me, besides, when have you ever seen someone look like him? Not even real Goths go that far, he's faking it... fucking poser, he just wants attention. With his cold stares, and dead slurs and this ', I feel nothing,' persona he puts on. Ugh," just thinking about it infuriated Vincent. "Walking around like, 'I'm death itself,' "

Lemon puckered her lips. What if he was right? She has always thought that he might be a hybrid or something but what if he's just trying to be this edgy kid? She looked at Vincent who helped himself to a second cupcake. "I believe Paul is a werewolf,"

"Me too, but I have no idea how to prove it to myself, he's tricky and so is Caitlyn,"

Lemon grabbed his free hand and looked into his big browns. "I think it's cool meeting a like-minded person, and yeah I'd love to come to your next meeting. Would be okay if I was your beta reader?"

He grinned. "I'd love that," he saw as Jason dragged his feet, making his way over to the tree. "Okay. Let's change the subject, I don't think Jason should have to know about this,"