Chapter Eighteen *

Narrated by KIN:

Saturday mornings are reserved for my father and I. He still is my trainer, we start our day off by waking up early in the morning and jogging. Our goal is to get back home before the sun rises. We ran by the coast, in the far distance stood a man wearing plain black. A fedora paired with his black trench coat and black formal pants. We reached him and he softly said my father's name. We stopped jogging and went over to him. It was Alejandro.

"Alejandro? What brings you here?" Dad asked.

"Kin must've told you that I'm in town?"

Dad nodded his head. "She did,"

"Your father sent me, I represent him at T.O.M.P,"

I had no idea what T.O.M.P was but I knew better than to interrupt grown people when they're having a conversation.

"Loanne already knows," Alejandro continued. Loanne is my aunt, exactly like Lexi. Which means that they're my aunt but father and them are considered siblings. Count Dracula has two head brides to carry ten of his children. Five each, Lexi and Loanne's mother is Cassandra while my father and his siblings mother is Madeline. "Someone is letting Lexi know at this moment. Aside from you three, no one else is supposed to know,"

"Why?"

"It's confidential," he said and looked at me. "Your father knew if he were to send the message the others might catch it and freak out. He doesn't want that, I want you to meet me at the headquarters Monday evening at 8 o clock,"

"I'll be there. But as you can see, you have a fedora and I have nothing. I must go before the sun rises,"

"Of course. See you around,"

Father greeted him and jogged off. I just stood there in front of Alejandro, "why'd you let that vampire get away?"

"Which vampire?"

I folded my arms, "you know. Don't act like you don't," I puffed out my chest which caused him to giggle.

"Ooh. Look who's a tough cookie,"

"Answer the question," I said in a harsher tone. He began to work on my nerves.

He sighed and rubbed his eyes, "Kin. 'Cause I didn't want you to hurt her, obviously you're more powerful than her. And I'm literally in town to make sure that humans get along fine, and vampires as well. I don't want to start feuds or disagreements. Let alone have vampire blood seeped into the ground of Crystal Moon,"

I just knew that I don't trust him, but I have nothing against the man. "I didn't want to kill her, that's not what I want either. Just wanted to talk to her,"

I jogged off. Didn't have time to say goodbye to him. Not that I wanted to give him one anyway. When I reached home it was combat lessons, mother teaches Lainey and dad teaches me. Today was kung-fu. If I'm going to be a safer hybrid princess, I'm going to have to know how to defend myself.

I took a shower after it all and got into my house clothes. Clothing I'd only ever wear at home in front of friends and family, I checked myself out in the mirror. I wore a jean shorts, I love them although I'd never be able to wear them out. I paired it with a sleeveless white crop top. I looked down on my legs, the faint cranter veins on my legs were worse at the back. It looks hideous. I looked over my shoulder, the dark veins are darker on my back. They longer too, it reminds me of a trees roots.

But these aren't cute.

I heard a knock on my door and asked who it was.

"Jason!"