Chapter Five

Narrated by KIN

I stood by the front gate of the school, watching as the teens flooded in. I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder and turned right into Jason's eyes.

I heart skipped a beat. Why?

He grinned. "Good morning. I just wanted to thank you for yesterday. It was fun, ya know... I don't have a family so being around one was, amazing."

I smiled. That warmed my heart. "I listened to Whitney Houstan and a bit of Mariah Carey last night,"

He smirked. "Which one do you prefer?"

I shrugged because I truly have no idea. "I mean... when I listen to Mariah I prefer Mariah, when listen to Whitney, I choose Whit. Mariah has such a sweet voice, " I giggled, "I wish I could sing like that,"

The twins approached us, Caitlyn had made her blonde hair into waves this morning. She wore red lipstick, paired with a red umbrella. She prefers umbrellas, and I wear my capes. They greeted us warmly. Jason and I responded.

"Where's the rest of your circle?" Caitlyn asked.

"Did they come already?" Beverley wondered.

Jason shrugged. "They're probably under my tree."

"Our tree." I corrected him. He groaned and started walking. We followed him and surely enough, Saskia and Paul was there.

"Good morning!" I greeted them with a large smile on my face. Jason groaned his greeting.

Today I myself look different, I have my pony tied higher than usual, with my edges laid. Paul and Saskia instantly noticed. Responding with smiles and commentary.

I sat down where I usually do, which is opposite of Jason. Saskia ran her fingers through my auburn hair. "I love it, I do."

"Thanks. " I replied, weakly. Distracted by something else.

Saskia looked at Caitlyn, "and you look stunning as well."

Jason looked up at me, studied my hairstyle then took out his novel.

The twins sat down next to me. Caitlyn looked different too. She usually ties her hair for school into a ponytail that sits in the middle of her hair, but today she blowed it out and let them hang on her shoulders in blonde waves.

"Why is everyone so beautiful today?" Paul asked as he looked Caitlyn.

Caitlyn curtsied for us. Beverly rolled her eyes, "she's trying to impress Jesus Lopez,"

"Who?" I asked.

Saskia cocked her head to the side as she tried to recall who exactly Jesus is, then she finally remembered. "No, you can't date him. And why are you thinking about boys? You're fourteen. You should at least wait until you're 21,"

Beverly sighed in relief, "that's exactly what I said,"

"You want me to be a grandma before I date?"

Saskia shook her head, "not a grandma, a woman. A wise one at that,"

Caitlyn scoffed, "yeah. Never gonna happen, also, why can't I date Jesus?"

Saskia shook her head, "because you're a tall beautiful young woman and he's a goblin,"

Beverly and Paul giggled.

Caitlyn gasped, "Saskia! You can't say such things. That's offensive,"

She raised her eyebrows, "stay away from that boy. I'm warning you."