Chapter Seventeen *

Narrated by KIN:

I invited Vincent over to my place after school. We are going to be doing our homework together, he's great at mathematics he said and I struggle. So when he heard that he offered to help. 'Because that's what friends do,'

He seemed to love my friends, they liked him too. All of course except for Jason. I told him later on that it's okay because Jason hates all of us, something that Vincent noticed before I told him. 'He's grumpy, like an old man,'

I agreed with what Vincent said. I left him in our dining room, I was going to fetch ourselves some snacks. But when I returned to the dining room, he wasn't there. I panicked. I don't want him to see my room, I have a casket in there. What if he's a believer in things like me? Then he'd know what I am.

So I ran upstairs and surely he stood in my room. His mouth hangs on the floor. He pointed at my casket, "Kin. What is that?"

"What are you doing here?" I tried to change the topic.

"I asked Gloria if I could go the bathroom. I got lost, why do you have a casket?"

I shrugged. I could wipe his memory, or cover this up with a lie. Let's see how it goes first. If he buys my lie then there's no need to compel him to forget. "I just love the whole gothic scene, and what's more goth than sleeping in a casket?"

He walked up to my window and opened the heavy curtains. Not much, just enough to look through. "That's my room, so we can see each other through binoculars," he giggled.

I walked over and stood beside him and looked at his room, "That's nice,"

"I could show you my room, it's messy. It has a bed but it's like yours, but instead of paintings, I have posters. I see you have a few vampire paintings. I have posters of vampires, zombies, werewolves. The works. I love them,"

I had to know if he's a believer though. If he is then his memory should go. "Do you believe in those things?"

He shook his head. "God no. I'm not a crazy person. I just like watching movies, reading comics and books with monsters. That kind of stuff,"

We looked at each other for a short while. I was trying to figure if he's telling the truth or not. "I'm working on another painting, lemme show you,"

I just wanted him out of my room. What if he saw the pinboard? The notes on there imply that monsters exist. I took him to the room next to mine, it's Lainey and I's little work-room.

It was one of the largest rooms in the room. Lainey learns ballet so we have the dance floor section with the mirrors so she can further train at home. The table where Lexi and I make jewellery. I'm making Laura a gift for her birthing party this Friday evening. There's also a section where mother and I spend our time painting. She's busy painting a vineyard with the sun setting in the background. Lovers locking lips and I walked over to my latest work, a werewolf. It's Paul. The visions of him that night doesn't want to get out of my mind. Even when I saw him I thought it looks picture perfect.

He stood on his back paws, beak open, mouth sloppering. I've never even told Paul about this painting yet, I want to hang it up in my room. But what if he likes it and wants to keep it?

"It's magnificent. Are you adding a full moon in?"

"Yeah. Peering behind the trees,"

"Ah. Okay, so this is in the woods?"

"Yeah,"

He studied the painting some more, "It's marvellous. What's your inspiration?"

"Scary stories. Come, let's go do our homework. You said you love schoolwork,"