Chapter Forty-three

Narrated by KIN and JASON

Kin
I played cards with my new friends, and I finally won. But Jason wasn't here to see it, I'll have to let him know. But he got taken away, these things just don't seem to get to him. I wonder if it is killing him, but only slowly and or silently.

Doctor Hart walked into the chill zone and scanned the room. Then she grinned when she found what she was looking for, us. She stood before us, "where's Jason?"

"You're seriously obsessed with that boy," Hayden said and threw her cards on the table. She leaned back in her chair and looked at doctor Hart, "I see you. Don't think I don't, what do you want?"

Doctor Hart grinned and tucked her red hair behind her ear, "I'm here for Kin. She has her first walkout,"

"What's that?" I asked. I don't want none of that.

"It's when they send you out to do different things, my dear, now come."

I looked at my friends and followed doctor Hart. We stood in the hallway when she told me to take a shower and head to my room. So I did that. When I came from the shower, I found a red dress on my bed. Along with six-inch black heels, a jewellery box and a few make-up for me to apply.

I sat down by the make-up table doing my lips when I heard a knock on my door. Jason helped himself in and sat on my bed, he looked at me for a while and then smiled. "Where you going?"

"I don't know," I placed the lipstick down and looked at him. "They said I was meeting a client,"

He flared his nostrils and balled his hands into fists, "they're pimping you?"

I chuckled, "no. I don't think that's what it is,"

He shook his head. "There you go, thinking the world is such an innocent place. I mean, look at you. You think they'd dress you up like this for anything else? Kin, you're gorgeous,"

I looked back into the mirror. What if he's right? Then I shook my head. No. If it were so, wouldn't they just say that? Besides, the doctors know I'm fourteen. So they wouldn't.

I then turned and looked at him.

"Be safe," he said. I nodded my head. "I wanna go home. I miss my grandparents,"

I grinned. Look who grew attached. So he can bond with someone on an emotional level. I stood up and sat down next to him on the bed, "I-I finally bet Cara at cards,"

He chuckled and playfully rolled his eyes, "see? I told you next time you'll get her,"

I giggled.

We sat tightly together, side-by-side. Nothing to say, so we just enjoyed the silence. The peace when he held my hand in his, he didn't even look at me. Like he isn't holding my hand, but I did. I looked at him, he eventually turned and faced me. He cupped my face with his free hand and pulled me closer to him.

Does he want to kiss me?

I've never kissed anyone before, so I was nervous. As his face neared mine, my heart louder and faster. Our foreheads touched, and so did our noses. He was hesitant as he slowly came closer to my mouth. And as our lips were about to touch, a knock on the door had us splitting up and he scooted away from me. Fast.

It was doctor Hart, she frowned and folded her arms, "follow me,"

I looked at him before getting up and followed doctor Hart. She took me through corridors, to the security office. Which is right next to the last door, the door that leads out to the normal hospital. Right next to freedom. They took out a machine and cuffed my hands, the same indestructible cuffs and lead me out. They had a scarf cover the cuffs and I was led by four securities. They told me the little machine controls the cuffs.