Chapter Forty-nine

Narrated by JASON

Black was all I could see.

The cold was all I felt.

Which is weird because I could never feel anything before. But here I was, surrounded by pure darkness and an icy breeze. I walked around. What happened? Am I dead? Shit! I'm dead. They did it, they killed me.

I remember the electric bolts trickling throughout my body. I clutched my chest and that was the last thing I did. Then I ended up here.

I continued walking around, not sure where I was headed. When I saw what looked like two reapers. I got down on the floor and lay there, hoping they don't see me. Because I know they're looking for me. But if they find me, I might just truly die.

They looked around, they saw me. Their red eyes fell on mine and I had no idea what to do. They floated my way but got hit with a lightning bolt.

"The boy is mine!" A man said, he was a distance behind me.

A heard a vampire hissing. "That's Jason Miller, his life for mine. I can live again!"

The first man took out his wand and looked at the wand. "No, he's mine!"

More people came out. Some say that they heard I died, and I can set them all free. If they kill me themselves. That terrified me. A fight broke out, all kinds of beasts and even humans joined in on this fight. I guess the winner gets to kill me personally?

I crouched down on the floor, covering my ears and head. I want no part of this, but I figure I have no choice. The fight calmed down. The man won. His face was concealed by a mask, but his eyes looked at me. I crawled back as he walked closer to me.

The faster he moved, the faster I began to crawl. Until I got up and started running. I ran into the man. Caught me by surprise. He flung his arms open and we disappeared in black fog.

We stopped somewhere, hovered high in the air. Then the man dropped me. He watched as my body began falling to the ground, heard my screams and watched. But, as I was about to meet the ground, I stopped falling. I loomed inches above the floor, looking at it with a trembling heart. I swallowed and got to my feet, the man was still in the air.

He folded his arms, "and you were going to watch yourself fall to death?"

I looked at the man who was now floating down. The black walls are high in this place, with large slender Catholic Church windows. "What did you expect me to do?"

"Anything but kill yourself. Tell me, son, how does one of the worlds most powerful beings allow themselves to be killed? By ordinary humans at that?"

The man and I had a starring contest. I wasn't about to answer his question, but he wasn't looking at me as if he was waiting on an answer. His eyes beheld something else, pain and longing. He sighed and took off his mask, behind it was Michael.

He flung his arms around me faster than I could fathom what was going on. He squeezed tightly. My dad? Where am I? I could hear him sobbing as he embraced me, which caused me to get teary. I gripped my father as well. Tightly. I didn't want to let go, I wanted to hold him for all those years lost. We both cried.

After a while, we pulled back. Father wiped his face, and I mine. "Michael?"

He shook his head, "dad, young man,"

I clenched my jaw. "Michael, where is this?"

"I am your father!"

"No! No you are not! Fathers play an active role in their kids' life. You're just a man, a man without a child,"