Chapter Four

Narrated by Kin

I arrived at school and headed to the tree, Jason sat there. Alone. Suddenly I got nervous. He bites off everyone's head, and someone snapping at me isn't something I'm used to. My eyes were fixated on him, he read his book. I wiped my clammy hand and sat down where I always do, opposite him.

I exhaled shakily.

"What?" He snapped and lowered his book. "Spit it out!"

I forced a smile, "I made you something." I replied in a short voice and scratched in my bag. I handed him a pencil drawing.

He took it and looked at it for the longest time. It was two pinky fingers locking. He let out the tiniest smile I've ever seen, it was not only a cute smile but also the first time I've seen him smile.

"Is this supposed to be our pinkies?"

I nodded my head. Which made his smile grow slightly. "Thanks, I love it,"

His words made me full-on smile. It warmed my heart, I couldn't silence the butterflies fluttering in my stomach. "Thanks, can I ask you something?"

He nodded his head.

"That day, I promised to be your friend. But we haven't even gotten the time to hang out one-on-one, do you wanna help me paint my room?"

He just looked at me funny, but I continued talking, "my parents are moving into their place. I've always lived with extended family, now I'll finally have a room. My own space. They said I should paint it on my own, or get some help from a friend?"

He furrowed his brows, "why not ask, Paul?"

"I would. I could Saskia too, throw in Laura as well. But... I don't wanna paint with them,"

He raised his eyebrow, he has the prettiest eyebrows. They arch, which accommodates his long eyelashes. He looked back at the drawing and let out a small smile again, he seems to love it. He then proceeded to look into my eyes and nodded his head, "yeah. Sure."

I bit my lower lip trying to control my emotions. He's coming over to my place. This is madness. We'll be in my room for hours, alone. Okay, now I'm hyperventilating. What if I bore him? What if my family is weird? And what if that chases him away?

Oh my gosh. This better work out perfectly.

I saw Caitlyn and her trustee headed our way. She stood in the distance with her umbrella and gestured with her head for me to go to her. I looked at Jason, "I'll be right back."

"Hey," they greeted me together.

"Hey, twins,"

"You know," Caitlyn said, "we get called that a lot,"

I grinned. I adore their friendship. It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Oh," replied, Beverley, "I just wanted to thank you for the great time I had yesterday," she giggled, "I still feel bad for spilling my milkshake on your favourite tee,"

Caitlyn looked at Beverley, "Bev. What did we do yesterday?"

Beverley chuckled, "you know, sometimes I also forget whole days,"

"That definitely isn't normal," I muttered.

Beverley nodded her head. "I think it's all of the things I'm taking. Gotta stop," she looked at Caitlyn, "we went the carnival yesterday. D'you remember now?"

Caitlyn chuckled, "how could I forget?" She held unto Bev and looked deeply into her eyes, compelling her, "Beverley. Why don't you go sit down with that emo?" She said referring to Jason. Beverley nodded her head.