Chapter Seven ⭐

Narrated by SASKIA:

I came from the shower, the locker room empty. Except for Laura who was just sitting there on the bench, already dressed in her casual clothes. I opened my locker to get my things and started applying lotion to my skin. Laura touched the ruby from my collar. "You still wear this dated thing? What, don't you have any sense of style?"

I blankly stared at her, "what? You win a few beauty pageants and suddenly you're a fashion guru?"

"Hey! That's like a key quality you should have, you're just jelly that I've been scooping up awards since I was six," she joked.

"Your mom pimped you out," I shared as I started to get dressed, "besides. Did you see what contenders makeup and hair look like?" I faked shuddered causing her to break out in laughter.

Once I finished, I picked up my bag and headed for the door. She didn't follow me, which had me returning to her. "Are you coming?"

She shrugged and looked at the floor.

"Laura... what is it?"

"Dexter and I are an item now,"

I had to recollect who that is since she spoke as if I would just know from the top of my head, "the one from the wrestling team?" She nodded her head. "Why you seem so down for then? That's great news,"

She let out a small smile, "thanks. But now the girl on the wrestling team wants to beat me for it. She claims that he cheated on her with me. So she's gathered her fighting buddies and they're waiting for me,"

I raised my eyebrow and folded my arms. Laura is like the slimmest person I know, with dreams of becoming a model one day. She takes good care of herself, something about her face being a money maker. And now these bullies want to tackle her? She's fragile, and they know that. "They're cowards. I'll protect you,"

"But... they're three,"

"And? Let's go, you can't stay in here forever anyway,"

She shook her head. "I'm not going out there, I'm scared,"

I walked up to her, picked up her belongings and stretched out my hand for her to grab them. She didn't at first, but she did and lifted her. I safely walked with her to my car when we heard the girls howling from behind us. Laura held my hand tighter.

They stood before us, one girl grabbed her. Laura instantly screamed. Poor thing wasn't even touched yet. "Hey! Let go of her,"

It all happened so quickly. I made the biggest mistake of my life by breaking the number one rule for zombies. One of the girls stood in front of me, shielding Laura behind her so I wouldn't be able to get to her. I wanted to smack her but she ducked. Instead, I scratched Laura. My sharp fingernail cut through her flesh, deeply penetrating her. The scar ran past her eyes and through her nose, breaking it, and ending on her soft cheek. She instantly crouched down in pain but didn't scream or cry. I guess it hurts too much. Her blood dripped on the floor, I stood there paralyzed with fear as one of the girls called an ambulance.

"There's no time for that," one of them said. "Saskia, you need to take her to the hospital,"

I couldn't move. Couldn't speak. Couldn't comprehend what just happened. My parents will be furious at me for this. One of the girls slapped me and I snapped out of my zone. "Take her to the hospital! I'm coming with,"

I nodded my head and opened the doors to my car. We sprung in, I couldn't even think about Laura bleeding all over my seats. My hands were shaking, I took a deep breath in and started the car. We drove off to the hospital where she was immediately taken away from us.