Chapter One

Narrated by KIN:

Laura's party turned out amazing. I think. I've never been to a party before let alone organize one. Monday. She approached me, I remember how instantly her big blue friendly eyes drew me in. She flashed her beauty pageant winning smile and just invited me to the party she's hosting Friday. On one condition, if I invite Paul.

Paul just stood there and bit his lower lip when he heard what Laura said and sucked in air. "I can't come,"

Laura stroked his upper arm and pulled a boo-boo face, "come on. You never come to any party, it'll be fun,"

"Yeah, Paul. Please. I've never been to a party and I would love to go with you,"

He was my first and only friend at that time. I couldn't think of going alone or with Saskia, a girl who sits next to me in class. We briefly spoke, I instantly noticed that she's a zombie by the ruby collar she wore. Zombies wear them to prevent from going rogue. It works through magic, it's connected to a larger ruby found at the Zombie academy that powers all ruby collars. If that gem is removed all zombies will go back to their nature causing a zombie apocalypse.

Luckily normal supernatural creatures can't put their hands through the magic wall, only hybrids. That's why we're feared and hunted so because supernatural creatures believe we might just turn on them. All because of the prediction that trended amongst different supernatural groups. It states that three apocalypses will befall earth, some believe that a zombie one must be one. Leaving this one zombie hybrid girl the number one suspect of that apocalypse. She's the most wanted hybrid of us all, leaving me at number two.

So Saskia wearing that gave her away but we never hung out you know, so she's still very much a stranger. I did love the fact that she's a supernatural creature just like me.

But enough of Saskia. Paul seemed like there was a reason he couldn't come out on Friday, maybe his parents are just strict like that but thankfully he agreed. Laura flung her natural pale arms around me and kissed me on the cheek. "Great, you convinced him. The party will be hosted at my parent's beach house. I'll handle the invites to make sure any lame kids don't come along either, you are in charge of music and snacks. I'll text you later on, okay?"

And just like that, she left me. Stunned. I had no idea what music kids today listen to, would you blame me? I live in a vampire lair about forty minutes away from Crystal Moon, I listen to old music and I love it. Thankfully Paul said he'd help me, something about checking out the most streamed artists and songs. Left me with one question.

"What's streaming?"

What I was most excited about was not that I get to attend a party (well that is one major factor though) but rather that I finally get to go out in public without my hooded cape. I must wear that during the day, being a vampiric creature and all. I'm not entirely a vampire, what most people don't know is that Count Dracula is alive (he's also my granddad) and he created four different types of vampiric creatures. I'm a cross between cranter and vampire.

Since it's a warm summer evening I've decided to ditch my daily hooded cape and wear black sequenced shorts paired with short black high-heeled leather boots with a black bandana crop top. I wanted to expose my pale bluish skin with my faint black veins behind my back because I know no one will be able to tell. I wanted to feel free and young.

Saskia picked me up. I wondered how she could get invited if Laura said the party was invited only, but she says she and Laura has a love-hate kind of relationship. But Laura inviting Saskia, meant to Saskia that they're low-key friends.