Chapter Thirty-one ⭐💚

Narrated by JASON:

I've gotten much more comfortable with my family. The first few days I felt like a guest, although they tried to make me settle in faster. I still just kind of felt in the way. But after a week of living there, it became better. Now we can move freely, speak freely and sit down together and just chill out.

I even got used to the neighbourhood, was always so afraid. What if I get lost? But grandma and grandpa sends me to the shops all the time and it helped me a bit. Like right now, I'm taking a stroll and carried the bread in my arms like it was a baby resting in its mother warm embrace. The box of milk I carried in my other hand.
My eyes fell on the silent road, I am adjusting to my new life. I even got sent to buy bread and milk, like a house child.

"Jason!"

I turned around and saw the Hispanic girl waving at me frantically. Bethany jogged up to me, her wavy hair bouncing like crazy. It's like she had no idea how to tame her hair. I stood there and waited on her to make it to me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I live here now. My grandparents adopted me,"

She chuckled. "I'm happy for you. Are they like your actual grandparents?"

I pumped my head. "Your 'Michael' lead was a lot of help, it helped us find the Miller's. My family,"

She squinted her eyes and tilted her head. "Michael?" I bounced my head. "As in Miller?" I nodded again, "as in Michael Miller?"

"Why do I have a feeling you know him?" I asked sarcastically.

She bobbed her head. "I've read a lot about the HyptTwo Twins, their story marvelled magic beings from all around the dimensions. I heard that someone even attempted to create their version of the twins. Like on earth somewhere there's two little girls meant to be the new age HyptoTwins,"

I raised an eyebrow. It was strange hearing about my dad like he's this infamous being I never got to know.

"I heard that every single dimension wanted the twins to study at their academy, but they had their lessons on earth and when they graduated Haddison chose to study in the Bermuda triangle, while your father studied at Tah-bani, which is so cool because he becomes one of the most powerful wizards ever,"

I had a small smile gracing my face. "That's impressive,"

"Yeah," she giggled. "Haddison went on to become a teacher. Training witches to be as brilliant as herself and Michael... well everyone heard about him but many believe that he's still alive,"

"Why?" I asked and started walking towards his home. "Well think about it, he's very powerful what if he didn't die? Since there is a copy of him walking around. Doing his spells, behaving like him but many say it's a fan, or what if he did die but is alive in his spiritual form? Like many others believe,"

He shook his head and sighed. "I don't wanna know what people think about his life. Fact is he's not here with me, alive or dead,"

I looked at her. "Imagine that fucker is alive," I huffed and looked forward again. "He'd better have a great excuse for abandoning me," we came to a standstill in front of my yard. "Well, this is my home,"

Her eyes glistened as she looked at the neat house before her. "It's cute, when do I meet the family?"

I chuckled. "Come," I led the way and entered the house. My grandfather sat in front of the television just like I left him. I cleared my throat and my granddad looked up at me, he noticed I had a guest over and grinned. "Granddad, this is Bethany. She lives in the neighbourhood,"