Chapter Sixty-three

Narrated by JASON

I looked around, my head hurt as fuck. I held onto the back of my head. I didn't even know that bullet came, of course not, otherwise I would've done something.

I couldn't see anything or anyone. Where was I? What was I supposed to do again?

"What are you doing in my mind?" I turned around and saw a girl dressed as a cockroach. She frowned and folded her arms, "you're the mean guy. The meanest mean person,"

"Hi? I'm Jason, Jason Miller,"

"I know! Doctor Webster said you're a horrible guy and that you will come and kill me in my sleep, that's why I had to track you down, so he can stop you from hurting me,"

My heart broke. For some reason I felt bad for the girl, not because she was fed lies about me. And probably believes a bunch of other lies, but because she's just a little girl. A caged one. "Where's your mother?"

"She doesn't want me! So doctor Webster kept me,"

I just know that's a lie. But she's being taught that he's a saint. Poor thing, she's being raised as a villain already. It shouldn't be so.

"Little girl, I'm not a bad person. I want to go back to my mommy. And you're going to have to allow me to,"

She violently shook her head, "No! Doctor Webster says your mommy is Satan. And she should be killed, you both should be sent to hell. "

This is insane. I cannot reprogramme this girl, there is no time. And I don't even know how, how does one snap someone out of Stockholm Syndrome? I have to tap into her mind, have to at least switch off our signal.

I just stood there, as I tried prying in her mind. But she instantly blocked me. Child is gifted. "You're not the average human, are you?"

She pouted her lips. "I don't know. Doctor Webster says my daddy doesn't want me either. That he wanted to kill my sister's and I,"

I nearly burst out in laughter. This is ridiculous. I'm going to have to get into her mind, but she's mentally strong. How does one get her mind off from protect mode?

Then it came to me, something all the kids loved when they were about her age. With my mind, I conjured up bubbles. She giggled and started popping it, which made me even more sad. It's even in her nature, a childlike instinct to know how to play. Something Doctor Webster is preventing her from doing. Preventing everyone there from doing.

While she was distracted, I found what I was looking for. Like files, we were uploaded into her mind. All I had to do was remove those files and destroy it. She'll be forgetting about us, and won't pick up coordinates.

I looked at her, she seemed so happy. So at peace, but once I wake up. It'll all be over. Poor thing. If i ever were to be a father, I'd make sure that my child is happy. Taken care of, I'd make sure that they're in my life. I'd never steal their childhood from them. I'd go out of my way to give them the life I wish I had.

My eyelids battled to open, so I didn't force it. I was awake, fully back to the real world, although my eyes itself was shut. I heard a loud ringing in my ears. When it cleared up, I heard moaning all around me. Being sounded in pain, the I remembered. We got attacked. I tried opening my eyes again, and just laid there.

Maxwell bent over me and grinned. He lifted me up and I stood there watching the scene. All of us were covered in dirt, some in blood. My whole head was covered in blood. My shirt as well. I looked around for Kin, but couldn't see her. That's when I looked down, she was still laying on the ground. She had a hole between her eyes, I got down on my knees.