Chapter Thirty-four

Narrated by VINCENT

I zipped my jacket up as I stared at the dark clouds that hummed. I threw the hoodie over my head, I don't care if the school rules clearly state that I should wear the school's raincoat. I just didn't like how wearing the school uniform made me fade into the populace. Besides, I could've attended the private school but here I am, at a public school instead. Solely to wear what I want, they're not as strict with forcing the uniform on the students.

I took my umbrella and zipped it up in my bag even though it couldn't close entirely. I made my way over to the Tepe's residence and rang their doorbell. Normally Liam would greet me with a friendly grin but not today, today he looked very serious. Kin's disappearance truly seems to be getting to them. It is still unnatural to me.

"Please, come in,"

The vampire invited the human in. All this is unusual to me.

I stepped inside and took off my shoes before walking into the living room where there were three people I have never met before. They didn't appear to be supernatural beasts but then again, neither does Paul.

Claire turned to face me who was still entering and delivered the most vulnerable smile I have ever seen. It cut through me a bit because I've always perceived vampires are strong beings. Emotionless, and now emotion is slowly eating at her. Liam sat down and Claire took the floor. "Vincent, hey. Thanks for coming over. Um, this is Detective Maury, he has a few things he wants to ask you,"

I bounced my head and reached out my hand to shake it with Detective Maury. "Hey, kid. These are my partners, Luna and Helene."

I peered at them. They didn't look like they were officers or anything. But I wasn't going to question that. It has nothing to do with me.

Maury took out his little notepad and cleared his throat. "When was the last time you saw, Kin?"

I looked at Detective Maury in his small brown eyes as I tried to think back to that night. What happened? It was like that evening was removed from my memory.

"We visited our friend, Lemon's house. "

Luna snickered. "Your friend's name is Lemon?"

I nodded my head. I found her name strange as well, but I would expect them to act like professionals. Since that's what they are.

Helene raised an eyebrow and looked over at the Tepes and then at her partners. "What did she look like? Yellow and green hair?"

That was exactly her description. How did she know Lemon? Lemon isn't famous, or anything. "Yeah, that's her. "

Helene bit her lower lip and looked at Detective Maury. "Detective, we need to talk."

They all huddled up, including Liam and Claire. I tried to make out what they were saying but I couldn't hear past their whispers. They spoke for about a minute when Detective Maury finally turned around and walked up to me.

"Okay, son. Thank you for being an assistance, do you know anything else about, Lemon? Like where does she work or does she attend college?"

I was completely confused. I looked at everyone in the room with big eyes. "Um... Sir, she's fourteen years old. Like Kin and I. "

Helene cackled but quickly put her hand over her mouth to stop herself from continuing with her laughter. "Sorry, ignore me. "

Claire cleared her throat and walked up to Vincent. "Thank you for coming over, but you have to start walking to school now. Or else you'd be late," she placed her hand on his shoulder. Heightening the attention he already gave her, "Be careful out there, okay? People aren't always what they seem. Especially in Crystal Moon."